Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gharbad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:46 pm   

Landmarks and auto-changing aliases

Hello. I have a twofold question. First, I would like to know how to set up a landmark system that would recognize certain rooms in the mud. The purpose of this landmark system is so that zmud will automatically rename certain aliases depending on where I am. Example:
I enter the room "The Great Bridge of Hale (nw,n,ne,sw,s,se)". When I enter this room, I want zmud to set "do 10s,10w,jump three times" to the alias "run". But say I move to another landmark, and I want the alias "run" to be changed to "do n,3e,2ne,climb tree".

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this tricky problem of mine.

Gharbage
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:21 am   

Try using multiple zones in your map and setting these items in the Zone Script field provided by the mapper.
gharbad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:22 am   

I can't get the mapper to work on my mud and would prefer not to spend the time to tweak it. Is there no way to do it with triggers and classes?
miles2go
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:05 pm   

Yes, create a trigger for each landmark. Have the trigger set a variable, call it runpath. For example, have "The Great Bridge of Hale (nw,n,ne,sw,s,se)" as a trigger set runpath to be "do 10s,10w,jump three times". For the alias run, just #exec @runpath
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: