Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
teknocide
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:15 am   

Expression-triggers

Alright, I have really smashed my head bloody against this one problem.

I have a number of affliction-healing triggers -- yep, achaea-person -- that are supposed to trigger when two or more conditions have been met. The conditions are:

1.) salveOK, which is "Yes" when salve can be applied, and "No" when salve has just been applied. This is set to "Yes" when the text "You may apply another salve to yourself." is received from the MUD.

2.) salveQueue, stringlist, contains one or more items

The pattern for my expression-trigger looks like this:

((!%null(@salveQueue)) & %eval(@salveOK))

The odd thing is that instead of trigging directly if @salveOK=Yes and an item is added to @salveQueue, it waits until I have recovered balance (@xOK=Yes) or equilibrium (@eOK=Yes).

These are not used in connection with salves at all -- I have searched my classes for incorrect reference -- but Still trigger the above mentioned expression. To be frank, I am not sure I use the right expression, but then again this is not, as far as I know, explained thoroughly anywhere.
I also considered the possibility that @eOK might be mistaken for @salveOK, but I don't find this likely. I hope someone can shed some light over this.

Sincerely, me.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:43 am   

Take the bits essential to curing out of there, and stick them into a blank settings file. See if you can get it to work there, if it does - then you know that there is a trigger conflict somewhere.

Oh. Incidentally.. I'd use the following expression (if forced to use values of "yes" or "no" instead of 0 or 1).

#IF ((%numitems(@salvequeue) > 0) & (@salveOK = "yes"))
teknocide
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:24 pm   

Bah, I found what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for the reply though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: