Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SunKing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:34 am   

quick questions about aliases

On the mud I play the speedwalk commands are to fast. So I'm making an alias of direction commands. This too is sending the movement commands to quickly to the mud. What I'd like to know is... are there any characters I can put between the direction in my alias that will tell zmud to pause between words?
DeathShadow
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:52 am   

Sure: View --> Preferences --> General ... click on 'Script Parser' add (depending on the mud) 250ms to the sendline delay. If that dont work try 500 ms. (add more if needed.)
SunKing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:22 am   

Thanks. I tried that and even set it t0 9999999 and I noticed nothing when I activated my alias. It still I was enter commands to fast. Any ideas?

edit.. just realized that changes time speedwalk comamnds are sent to the mud not alias commands.
DeathShadow
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:38 am   

You might also be intrested in the #WAIT command.

http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/help6/WAIT.htm
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:22 am   

Are you putting the commands into a path, or just into an alias? I may be wrong, but I don't think the sendline delay affects alias commands. Logically it shouldn't, since it'd be a useless function if it did...

I couldnt find info on the sendline delay, when I ran a search in the online help, but like I said... logically it -must- work that way. Unless its possible in the path options to set individual delays.

Check out the help file on paths anyway.
SunKing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:43 am   

No . my commands where in an alias. Documents say delay doesn't effect aliases. The #WA is working but tedious to enter constantly.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:46 am   

So...put them in paths. They're much better, and will automatically do the reverse dir too. Or were you going to try it anyway... wasn't sure from your last reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: