Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Orryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:12 am   

Help Please - Zmud 6.62 Connection Hang

Hello Zmudders,

I posted this to Zugg in e-mail but I hope you could help me out too...My issue is this: When I connect to a mud, I hang on the intro words... my trigger for ANSI color goes in but then nothing... I read in your FAQ that this might be a bad mudchar file so I did all you recommended with the same results. I reinstalled as well... I know it is not the specific mud since it does the same thing on a different mud I tried. I had no problems connecting to the muds with a different mud client.

When I hit the disconnect, all the text rolls up as if I had no problem. But of course now I'm disconnected and it just rolls over when I reconnect...argh!

I have zMud 6.62 (finally bought it after 5 years of trials hehe) and my system is as follows:

WinXP-sp1, Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mainboard, AMD 2500+ Barton, 2x256mb Mushkin Dual DDR... hope this helps.

p.s. Forgot to add I get this error "Connection reset by Peer (Error 10053)" ...might have something to do with Winsock?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:05 am   

This sounds more like a bad telnot protocol negotiation then anything else. What is the mud name and address this is occuring with?
Orryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:24 am   

brokenseals.net 158.247.218.237:7000
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:00 am   

Can't find any direct problems with that mud and zMud. Try turning off all triggers before connecting by using the offline mode then clicking the trigger icon on the bottom right.
Orryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:37 pm   

Grrr still doesn't work... what is going on here? I bought this program and 3 days later it stops working? All the other mud clients I've tried work :(
Orryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm   

I think I have it narrowed down to a Winsock 10053 or 10054 error... I get the 10053 number with the message from the 10054 "Connection reset by peer"... I know it's not zMud's fault so forgive my last message... just frustrating trying to figure this out.
Orryn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:25 pm   

Fixed it!

Don't ask me how... I downloaded the lasted WinXP Professional critical updates, still didn't work. Disabled my firewall...still didn't work. Then I uninstalled all my recently downloaded programs... and it worked! I will list the programs I uninstalled but I don't know which specific one caused the problem.

Steganos Anonym 5
Get Anonymous
Megaping
Motherboard Monitor 5
ACDSee Ghostscript
Some others...

Anyhow something (or a combination of somethings) was interfering with my Winsock connections... This caused Trillian to short out as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: