Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
CelticDragonlord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:11 pm   

Old Z-Mud

I tried downloading the old Z-Mud after having used the trial version of the new Z-Mud for 30 days. It doesn't seem to be working... is there anything I'm doing wrong?
tbone235
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:32 pm   

doesn't work on most newer operating systems...i havn't spent a lot of time tho trying compatability modes, but u might want to see if that helps...but somehow i dont think it will.
Blastard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:14 pm   

I am having a similar issue with ver 3.62a, trying to get all my old triggers/scripts to run under ver 6.16 is nearly impossible without a piece of code missing or not showing up...I've run all compat modes in w2k, and none of them will allow the older version to run at all so I have been forced to learn the new syntax rules(not progressing very well)...I emailed zugg with an idea to create some sort of 'conversion' tool that can bring the old into the new with all the needed syntax corrections....
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:21 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Blastard

I am having a similar issue with ver 3.62a, trying to get all my old triggers/scripts to run under ver 6.16 is nearly impossible without a piece of code missing or not showing up...I've run all compat modes in w2k, and none of them will allow the older version to run at all so I have been forced to learn the new syntax rules(not progressing very well)...I emailed zugg with an idea to create some sort of 'conversion' tool that can bring the old into the new with all the needed syntax corrections....

The syntax for zMUD 6.x isn't that hard. If you have problems with it just post in the forum Smile. The if statement is kinda fun I think as Zugg mainly codes in Delphi.

#if (<condition>) {
<true statements>
} {
<false statements>
}

The syntax more looks like the C/C++ if-statement Very Happy. If it has been more pascal-delphi-like I guessed it would have been something like:

#if (<condition>) then
  begin
   <true statement>
  end
else
  begin
   <false statement>
  end;
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:31 pm   

CelticDragonlord (CD) was using v6.62, but his free trial expired and he wants to use v3.62. Version 3.62 is a 16-bit program and it's my understanding that WinXP isn't designed to work with them. You'll probably need to either buy a license ($25 is cheap for good software) or look elsewhere for a client.

Blastard was using v3.62, but now wants to use 6.16. The only real similarity between this and CD is you are both trying to change versions. Downgrading is a much different process from upgrading, and since CD started this topic any further questions about upgrading should be posted in a new topic.

Since you (Blastard) didn't provide any specifics on the problems you're having, there's really no specific advice we can give. If you do wish to ask specific questions, we'll be happy to help, but please start your own topic so that this one can focus on downgrading.

Added Comment: It really doesn't make sense to upgrade to 6.16, since the current version is 6.62. If you're going to upgrade at all, you might as well actually get up-to-date instead of remaining well behind the crowd.
Blastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:55 am   

I already had 6.16 so thats why I made that jump, but now I have upgraded again to 6.62 and I have figured out some of the new syntax, like how commans and semicolons are used...what I am having a specific problem with, is a tank whiner to use on a diku based mud...something that will grouptell the changes in my hps when I get hit or healed...
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:32 am   

quote:
Since you (Blastard) didn't provide any specifics on the problems you're having, there's really no specific advice we can give. If you do wish to ask specific questions, we'll be happy to help, but please start your own topic so that this one can focus on downgrading.

To start a new topic, click the New Topic link. It's to the immediate left of the Reply to Topic link, which you seem to have already found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: