Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:44 am   

Forum Upgrades

To fix some problems the forums were having, we've upgraded them to the latest version available.

This was done without losing any users or posts (yay!)

This also adds cool features like Polls, a better Search, faster code, subscriptions via email, etc. (yay!!)

There are a few hiccups - you'll notice urls might not appear correctly until the post has been edited or replied to. Not much we can do about that quickly.

This also will mean that your permissions to the beta forum or developer forum were lost. You can simply re-apply to the beta forum from the link on the "All Forums" page like you did before to restore your access. Ditto with the Developer Forum, although that requires Zuggsoft's interaction, so it's not instantaneous.

The Gurus are here to help. By the way, Gurus, if you're missing any forums (since permissions were jumbled), contact Zugg, Kjata or me - all of us can fix the problems.

Thanks for your patience. Please let us know if there are any bugs. Very Happy
morwen
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:29 am   

I've signed up with the Beta forum again, but it's not letting me in - saying "There Was A Problem You do not have access to this forum." If I attempt to sign up again, I get told that I "already have access" to it and redirected, which of course doesn't work.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:55 am   

You seem to already have access to the Beta Forum. Try logging out and logging back in, and then try to access it again.
Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:14 pm   

Yah, you got to log out then back in. I had the same problem, the forums must use a cookie that does not get updated until you log off and back on. Cool

The Forum is shaping up, noticable improvements are appearing on the hour!

Will we be getting a next page button so we don't have to use that clumsy drop down for number of pages in the topic?

I like the new search abilities, especially the ability to search by author, now I can get a list of all the topics I have ever responded too. I got 3 pages worth!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:50 pm   

Give us another day and we'll transfer over the previous forum permissions so that people don't have to re-apply. We are working on it.

And I added additional navigation to the top and bottom of the topic list for people like me who also didn't like the page dropdown menu.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:33 am   

Incidentally, in the 'active topics', I can see the new posts index of the beta forum despite not being able to actually read them... probably somethin' you guys with all the perms wouldn't pick up yourself...

Overall I like the new look and espeically the quick reply box. :)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:32 pm   

Active Topics also lists new posts to the zMUD Developers forum regardless of access.
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:17 pm   

The Active Topics show up to lure you in. Razz
Amfitrion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:01 pm   

In the old forums we had an option to be notified by email when a reply is posted. Is there a way to do it now too? I don't see that option, maybe I am blind...
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:17 pm   

The upgrade seems to have removed the ability to use the backslash character, which zMUD uses as a mathematical operator. Any attempt I've made to use it results in it being completely stripped from the message when it's posted.

Backslash -

The forward slash is the division operator, which gives the quotient of a division.
The back slash is the modulus operator, which gives the remainder of a division.

I use both frequently. Please fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: