Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
CDS
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:55 pm   

Editing problem in the Class Script window

Hi,
Whenever I try to edit several scripts at once in the Class Script window I'm allowed to make the changes, but when I click save the contents of the window change to:

#Class {Classname}
#Class 0

where Classname is whatever class I was editing. In other words, the contents of the class are wiped out! What can I do to be able to edit using the Class Script window? It would save a bunch of time.
Thanks! :)
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:32 pm   

The Class Script tab was never meant to be used to edit scripts. It was meant for viewing the whole script a class contains but not changing it. Edit the script by either editing the individual settings, or keeping the script in a text file which you can easily paste into zMUD's command line.

Kjata
omaek193
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:00 pm   

In you want to do this anyway, especially for modify a little thing in a class, try the following steps:
-Select another Class.
-Click Text.
-Select the Class you want.
-Edit the script.

Not sure if it's really what you want, for me works good.

Omaek193.
CDS
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:52 pm   

Thank you again Kjata for your help! : )

They might want to pull the following out of the Help text (from a page titled: Class):

Class Scripts

Instead of editing each individual item within a class, you can edit the source code for an entire class by clicking on the Class Script tab. The script for the entire class, as it would be exported to a text file, is displayed and can be edited. If the Save button is clicked, any changes made in the script will take effect and change any items within the class. This is useful for making a large number of edits to a complex class without editing each item by itself.

They're right - it would be handy to make similar changes to a set of triggers. I think I'll have to learn how to import. : )

Thank you too Omaek! : )

I tried your suggestion. I doesn't wipe out the class, but the changes are erased when I hit save. It was worth a try! Thanks. : )
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:12 pm   

Strange. I don't have any difficulty changing or saving settings from the Class Script tab. I don't usually do so, but except for buttons, I do most of my scripting from the command line anyway.

If it helps, under Options I have Check Syntax While Typing off, Command Help While Typing and Pretty Printing on, and Convert To One Line Commands off. I have Style set to zMUD Script.

Good luck. Since I haven't seen it fail, I can't tell you how to fix it.

LightBulb
Advanced Member
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:10 pm   

Yes, I think it's mostly the check syntax while typing that gives problems.

As for it not replacing the class, just delete it before pasting the commands in the command line.

Kjata
CDS
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:28 am   

Yes it was the check syntax while typing option. As soon as I turned it off, the problem cleared up.

Thanks very much, Kjata & LightBulb!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: