Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Slick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:15 pm   

Speedwalking problems

I need the Speedwalking function to Pause at certain points, and await a line from the MUD before it continues. From my understanding SlowWalk is the only way I can get it to do this - however, the Slow Walk speed is not tied in with the Sendline delay... I've tried usingg triggers with #WA for each step, but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:48 pm   

For what you want to do you shouldn't need to pause every step when using slow walking. In the room script for the room you need to pause in put the commands:
#PAUSE
#TR {continue message} {#STEP}

The whole point of slow walking is that it coordinates sending movement command to when you have entered the room. This eliminates the possiblity of flooding the mud with commands.
Slick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:46 pm   

See, the problem is that the MUD has a number of moves per second that any player can make, and if I leave SlowWalk at the default speed, it goes too fast.

Another question: Is it possible to get ZMud triggers to read ANSI data sent from the MUD without having to color the words yourself?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: