Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Truls

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:03 am   

Importing settings from script or text file

Ok i was very unhappy with 6.40, and clearley i cannot transfer the .mud file back to 6.16 since it is corrupted for 6.16

But what i wanna know is how do i import settings from a script or text file? Usually you make aliases, triggers etc with #alias bla blabla , but when i use # i just get a typo in my mud, so it seems zmud doesnt recognize this char for making aliases etc, thus making it impossible for me to import the settings.

Anyone that could help me?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:41 am   

Sound like you either turned off parsing (shouldn't affect an import when import is used from the menu) or you disabled or changed the command character.

The first one can be checked by looking at the little computer icon next to your command line. If it has an X over it then parsing is turned off, simply click on the icon to turn it back on.

The command character is controlled in the Preferences. The Special Characters tab (also can be directly reached on the menu) is where you will find it. Make sure it is checked and set to #.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: