Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Iteki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:18 am   

Help with a complicated (?) script please

Hi,

I want to make a script that will compare IPs on people entering my mud. I can't really work out how to do it as I am not the best with triggers.

As people enter the world the following log item is shown, example:
<LOG: (45) CharName[96.97.98.99] has connected.>

This shows level, name and IP.
I would like my script to send after this info the names of any other chars who have connected from the same IP. I rekon this should be easy enough to do with a database (if you know how). So I guess what I need the script to do is to take the name and the IP and compare them to a database. If the info isn't alread in the database it should make a post for it, if it is it should say what other names have connected from that IP.

Does anyone think they can make up something like that? Thanks in advance! Iteki
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:05 pm   

A pretty easy one, I made it double entry so you could also get a feel for just how static someone IP is. The whole thing is MXP enabled, so you get a list of people who have used that IP immediately and can click or mouse-over for more data about those chars.

#CLASS {IPTracker}
#ALIAS IPHistory {HistoryLine="IP-%1:";#FORALL %db(@IPData,%1) { HistoryLine=%concat(%expand(@HistoryLine,1),"<SEND 'CharHistory ",%i,"' '",%expandlist(%db(@IPData,%i)," - "),"'>",%i,"</SEND> ")};#MXP @HistoryLine}
#ALIAS CharHistory {HistoryLine="Char-%1:";#FORALL %db(@IPData,%1) { HistoryLine=%concat(%expand(@HistoryLine,1),"<SEND 'IPHistory ",%i,"' '",%expandlist(%db(@IPData,%i)," - "),"'>",%i,"</SEND> ")};#MXP @HistoryLine}
#VAR IPData {}
#VAR HistoryLine {} {}
#TRIGGER {^~<LOG: ~(%d~) (%w)~[(%x)~] has connected.~>} {#ADDKEY IpData {%2} {%dups(%additem("%1",%db(@IPData,"%2")))};#ADDKEY IpData {%1} {%dups(%additem("%2",%db(@IPData,"%1")))};IPHistory {%2}}
#CLASS 0
Iteki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:50 pm   

WOW! Testing that now, what is MXP enabled?
Iteki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:03 pm   

Should I have said that I am using zmud 6.16?
I put this into a new class, and nothing really happens? Sorry for being such a n00b.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:00 pm   

Ok Everything I used except %expandlist is in 6.16. Quick change to make it work in 6.16:

#CLASS {IPTracker}
#ALIAS IPHistory {HistoryLine="IP-%1:";#FORALL %db(@IPData,%1) { HistoryLine=%concat(%expand(@HistoryLine,1),"<SEND 'CharHistory ",%i,"' '",%replace(%db(@IPData,%i),"|"," - "),"'>",%i,"</SEND> ")};#MXP @HistoryLine}
#ALIAS CharHistory {HistoryLine="Char-%1:";#FORALL %db(@IPData,%1) { HistoryLine=%concat(%expand(@HistoryLine,1),"<SEND 'IPHistory ",%i,"' '",%replace(%db(@IPData,%i),"|"," - "),"'>",%i,"</SEND> ")};#MXP @HistoryLine}
#VAR IPData {}
#VAR HistoryLine {} {}
#TRIGGER {^~<LOG: ~(%d~) (%w)~[(%x)~] has connected.~>} {#ADDKEY IpData {%2} {%dups(%additem("%1",%db(@IPData,"%2")))};#ADDKEY IpData {%1} {%dups(%additem("%2",%db(@IPData,"%1")))};IPHistory {%2}}
#CLASS 0
Iteki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:26 pm   

Thank you, much appreciated :) You just made a tired little imm very happy!

I am going to try and work out what you did there so I can learn something to boot ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: