Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
godhandunuki
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:47 am   

gauges

I will keep this short and simple i am trying to set a gauge my prompt looks like this <80hp 211m 145mv 4042> (4042 is my exp tnl) i followed the tutorial and someone on a mud even tried showing me but it does not seem to work. i went to view/preferences/general/ in the box where it says "text that mud prompt starts with" i put < then where it said "variables to load with prompt i put it like this
hp
ma
mv
xp
then i was told to type #var on the mud and it was supposed to read my prompt or somthing if someone has a better way to make a gauge please let me know *side note (heh i guess this wasen't so short)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:01 am   

This should put the values from your prompt into the appropriate variables. You can check that it's working by entering the following at the command line:
#SHOW {Hitpoints = @hp, Mana = @ma, Moves = @mv, Experience = @xp}

You'll still need to create the gauges themselves. The easiest way (in my opinion) is to click the Buttons button, which will open the Editor.
Sample Hitpoint Gauge
  1. Press the New button.

2. Fill in a name in the Caption field (HP).

3. Pull down the list for Kind, and click Gauge.

4. Go to the Gauge tab. (last one on the right)

5. Fill in Value with one of your variables (@hp)

6. Fill in Gauge Max. This can be another variable (@maxhp) or just a number (whatever your current max hp's is)

7. Fill in Gauge Low. This is the value where the gauge will change colors, it can be a number, a variable, or a formula. I usually use 1/4 of max (@maxhp/4)

8. Select your colors (I like Blue, Red, and Grey, usually)

9. Go to the Position/Size tab

10. If desired, you can change the Size by unclicking "Autosize", then trying different sizes until you find something you like. (width=100, height=15)

11. It's probably best to leave the location on Automatic for now

12. Click the Save button

You can make additional gauges for Mana, Moves, and anything else by repeating the same steps (just using different names and variables). Note that you'll need to create the variable @maxhp before you can use it.

LightBulb
godhandunuki
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:12 pm   

thanks for the help took me about 5 mins to get it set up ^ ^
godhandunuki
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:22 pm   

hmm i seem to have run into a lil snag the hp bar will go down but when i get healed it won't go back up..sorry to be a pain it just the helpfiles well aren't really helpful
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:38 pm   

It should go back up the next time you receive a prompt (since that's where you get @hp). I've never had a problem with mine.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: