Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:50 am   

Question regarding SUB command

Is there a way that you can take the sub command, make the right-click menu (as was posted earlier), but to have it trigger off of something someone else says?

IE:
I want ZMud users to be able to have a drop down menu of my spells.
So, they walk up to me and say list,
I say 'LIST'
and they can right click on it?

All I get when I try is my word hyperlinked in my input, but it doesn't output the hyperlink to the mud. So it looks like this:
you say LIST[
Wynd says'LIST' (my says are green)

I want to get it to where the Wynd says, is hyperlinked for the drop down. Also, is there a way to get it to cast a spell from the dropdown?

I had gotten it to trigger from someone telling me list, (%w) tells you LIST, and in the drop down (from my input), cast giant %1 (%1 did show the name), but it only outputs 'giant' to the MUD.

If someone can solve this one, I would be in heaven...but my concern is that the hyperlink only shows for me, ect. ect.

Anyone?
-M.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:18 pm   

<SEND> is a secure tags which means that only the MUD can send them. You can make the link appear for you, but not for anybody else.

Kjata
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:43 pm   

This might sound stupid but I was just reading this and wondering. You said it is client side so if someone has ZMUD as well can't you send them in a whisper or something the whole written out SUB command and have them have a script that will automatically take that info and turn it into a Sub command on their end? Did that make sense? It was just an idea.

Work something like this
-they say list
-That fires my trigger that sends the whole #SUB <Whatever> to them in normal context
-They will get the whisper bob whispers to you "#SUB <whatever>"
-That then fires a trigger on their end that turns #SUB <whatever> into a variable or a sub or something. Not quite sure what it would save as
-Then they will have a MXP right clickable link of what spells I had.

Is it possible?
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:39 pm   

Good question Rob. I'm interesting in that one too.
-M.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:30 pm   

Sure it is.

Kjata
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:32 pm   

quote:

Good question Rob. I'm interesting in that one too.
-M.

You could do that, but you'd be responsible for getting updates to the list out on your own. Of course, give the other folks a big enough chunk of code and they could seriously damage your character in some way.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:47 pm   

you could always have them whisper a certain word, password if you will that will start the whole crazy swapping of info. Just save it a Password variable and you can change it whenever you want. That way only people you want to be able to do it can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: