Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rwfrk
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:29 am   

Saving Scrollback

#LOG {c:{%time(mm-dd-yyyy-t)}.doc} ---I'd like it to also save the current mudscrollback ;)..I dont want to log everything through an atconnect..but i'd really like it to catch the scrollback as well-..Any suggestions?-Zmud 6.16.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:19 am   

#MENU {View|Preferences|General|Logging}

and click
Save scrollback buffer to log when log opened

:) Will look about to see if there is a better idea. If I understand correctly you want to save scrollback only sometimes and not all the time.

Ton Diening
rwfrk
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:47 pm   

Sure that brings it up..but i want to do no clicking to save my buffer ;)
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:38 pm   

Seems like you can't.

Kjata
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:38 pm   

Testing in zMUD 6.16 with the Save scrollback buffer to log when log opened option enabled, the scrollback was saved without me clicking anything when I used the #LOG command.

If I understand your statement "I dont want to log everything through an atconnect..but i'd really like it to catch the scrollback as well," you don't want to have to be logging all the time but when you do log, would like to capture everything in the scrollback as well. If this is the case, the TonDiening's solution should work just fine. Set the option once and then your #LOG commands will save the scrollback as well.

However, if you want to be able to programmatically choose between saving scrollback and not saving scrollback, that might be slightly more difficult. In zMUD 6.40, we could probably do something with #MENU {File|Save buffer} and the VBScript SendKeys statement to only save the scrollback when we wanted to but short of invoking the Microsoft Scripting Engine through COM in zMUD 6.16 and then telling it to send these keys (which I haven't tested and don't know if it's possible, though this may actually turn out to be a practical solution), I'm not sure how one would go about it in 6.16.

- Charbal
rwfrk
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:42 pm   

Heres something strange...Havent changed anything...just started actually using the written script..nothing seems to get logged..no new files are made period..doesnt matter if i force append the NEW. ..I've tryed typing #LOG <Name> ..just to see if it would do it at all..i've tried lowering the autosave interval of the log to 1 minute..and waiting 5..still no file is made....Any suggestions? ...However asking it to #LOG to a empty file already made seems to work fine.
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:51 pm   

Only thing I can think of is if you are using Windows XP on a limited user account with zMUD installed into the Program Files directory. Then it wouldn't be able to create a file in its own directory (limited users can't write to the Program Files directory).

Otherwise, try restarting zMUD and your system to see if that makes a difference. If not, try from the default character (press escape from the character selection screen).

- Charbal
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:23 am   

Not sure if this is really what you want, but you could set up a trigger to capture anything...#TR {*} {#CAP SCROLLBACK} Then have an alias to focus on that window and save the log....#AL SaveScroll {:SCROLLBACK:#LOG {c:{%time(mm-dd-yyyy-t)}.doc}}...and another alias to clear the capture window...#AL ClearScroll {:SCROLLBACK:;#CLR}...not sure if that helps, but I used something like it before

Evangelist/Pernius
telnet://phidar.com:9000
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: