Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moshe_be
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:27 pm   

Looking for a MUD that...

I am in a search for a good MUD, and for now can't find one. Here are the features I would want it to have, from most important to least important:

1) Above 50 playerbase.
2) Ability to see stats of items on shops. This is very important for me, since I hate where I see dozen swords where each cost all my money and I have no idea what to pick
3) Optional PK
4) Detailed Descriptions on rooms.
5) A large world
6) Mounts
7) Player controlled guilds/shops

Ummm, that's about it :) Any suggestions?
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:08 am   

www.mudconnect.com, find search, click advanced
dunno about stats on items in shops, but the rest should be searchable :)

Why oh WHY did I have pass door on...
moshe_be
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:16 am   

I am looking on that daily, but I am looking for advice from players.
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:10 am   

The MUD I play has all of that besides the ability to see stats on items in shops before you buy them. Then again, on the MUD I play, most of the good equipment loads on mobs. You can see the stats on the auction channel though.
As far as playerbase is concerned, like any MUD, it goes up and down accordingly with seasons and school schedules. Around the time finals start for colleges the playerbase most places will drop. Then during holidays and the like they will go down, as well as sometimes in the summer (we all need breaks).

Not sure what the average playerbase is currently on phidar, considering myself, like a great deal of others on these forums, put real life ahead of our mud life, cept in zuggs case, it is his life...must be nice, but I have had finals myself and have taken a little bit off.

Give Phidar a shot though. The website is out of date, I will admit to that, we are more focused on balancing the game and making it enjoyable for our players then neglecting it and hoping to attract new people with spiffy websites...since the people may leave if the mud sucks.

Look around though. There are a ton of good ones, and you may not find any you really truly like that have everything you want, but some will grow on you. Phidar has an automapper :) Anyway, best of luck looking for one, if you need any assistance, email me, pernius@earthlink.net

Evangelist/Pernius
www.phidar.com/phidar.html
spotlight
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:47 am   

try www.aardwolfmud.org
its where i play
look on the website for more details
blade
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:18 pm   

try http://www.topmudsites.com/

Is a good place for you to start.
Lists all the top played sites, which should satisfy your playerbase issue, as far as advice from players that is what the site is about players vote for their favorite muds. Based on your list though i would suggest http://www.achaea.com/, meets all of your requirements.
moshe_be
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:13 pm   

I tried Acheae and the only thing that made me leave, is that you need credits to be a really good character, and I don't want to pay 200$ "practice points".

I found Merentha, seems to be good for now :)
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:43 am   

If merentha doesnt work out, try www.orone.com

I never liked it, but it does have the features you ask for.

Caled
scobie
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:06 am   

FYI

-snip from webpage-
We’re Sorry, Orone is no more.

zMUD 6.16 - scobie@linux.se
Gage
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:12 am   

http://www.bat.org

1) Above 50 playerbase.

Bat: Never less then 170 players on, maxes at over 400.

2) Ability to see stats of items on shops. This is very important for me, since I hate where I see dozen swords where each cost all my money and I have no idea what to pick

Bat: No, however, merchants guild lets players identify items. Players lists can be found at sites like http://www.marron.com/bat or at the links second of the bat.org website.

3) Optional PK

Bat: You can kill anyone you want at any time if your strong enough. Beware though kill people for absolutly no reason will get the favor returned. Alot.

4) Detailed Descriptions on rooms.

Bat: Yes, on both the outerworld (HUGE ANSI map) and areas.

5) A large world

Explore count: 2969/12695 (E%: 23) - Thats after a year in this reinc. 12,695 is the number of area rooms, outerworld rooms are 300k+

6) Mounts

Bat: Yes, squires guild was just added.

7) Player controlled guilds/shops

Bat: Yes, Merchants and city owners have different types of shops.

Other Stats:
Races - 33
Guilds - 26

Go to http://www.bat.org/help/startout.php for good explaintion to the mud.
Juggalo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:40 pm   

Tried RetroMUD? www.retromud.org
morgair
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:57 am   

Realms of Despair
www.game.org everything you wanted but the stats of items in shops but if your that concerned about it you can download the equipment database off of the net and simply lookup the items off of that. its got a huge playerbase loads of guilds and orders optional pk peaceful arenas for pk and it is a very big mud as far as areas go...most people dont think the database has updates since the shattering but theyre out there if you look

Morgair, Master of the Obvious
Raznarl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:29 pm   

I play on a mud called TempusMUD. The player changes just like an muds, depends on time, date, ect... It is a VERY large mud. You can't see stats of items in shops, but the good stuff is usually sold on auction any ways. The mud has a remort system with 10 generations, it has a three main areas that zones are broken up into. The past, future and other planes(most OP zones are accessable through the astral. The immortals are friendly and people don't mind helping newbies. There are guilds/clans, though there aren't many right now because of the pwipe a about a year ago. I'v been playing tempus for about 4 years now. The mud at least 5 years old. PK is legal, just it has really bad restrictions on it, but its still do-able.
Raznarl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:31 pm   

OOPS

the address to tempus is

mud.tempusmud.com:2020

Look me up under the name "Raznarl" if ya need any help.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:33 pm   

This topic has gone on long enough. While I understand that it can be hard to find a mud that you like, this is not the place to be asking.

The purpose of this forum is to help people with writing scripts, understanding preferences, and fixing common problems for new users of zMud. Obviously not being able to pick a mud is a problem, but I believe the MudConnector site has forums that will better serve that discussion.

Topic locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: