Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:39 am   

Dragonrealms

I read that you can connect with Zmud currently to Dragonrealms but so far have been unable. A little ways backI found a post that said to use the login key from the file gse.~xt after starting from the Wizard but when I started from the Wizard that file was not created or there to begin with. I searched my whole computer with a file search to try and locate it, thinking maybe this is some tricky thing they do and hide it on you :o, but alas that was not the case either.
I play Dragon Realms Standard currently and would much prefer to use Zmud with it, for reasons that any Zmudder can already figure out I imagine :o))
So if anyone could help me out with connecting through Zmud I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Solaras
itsmarty
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:57 pm   

Are you using XP? If so, the file doesn't seem to be created so you'll have to find another way (or use a different OS). I've heard talk of telnetting to a log in server at Simu to get your key, but I don't know any specifics. Maybe one of the DR mailing lists would be helpful?

Martin
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/itsmarty/
moshe_be
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:27 pm   

After you select your character, it should say (on the page) click here if it does not connect or something, right click on the link, click save target as... that is the file with your key.

Or you can change the association for .sal files and then it will prompt you to save it on disk
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:16 am   

Thanks for the help, I finally got connected.
Now is there a way to tell it to turn on the colours? :o))
itsmarty
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:44 am   

If you mean the combat and npc colors, that's a Simu setting rather than zmud:

set monsterbold

at the prompt.

Martin
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/itsmarty/
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:28 pm   

Hmmm...
Don't know why but yesterday I managed to connect through Zmud without problems, well after learning how to get the needed login key. Today I try and it tells me invalid login key, I went and got the login key again from the site and tried again and still the same message. Any ideas why this would be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: