Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
pt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:23 pm   

Edit Alias/Trigger etc Window

Hi,
I'm pretty sure when I first started using 6.16 that the editing window for a triger/alias etc. was attached to the bottom of the Edit Settings window. Well, it's not anymore, and what's worse is when I try to open a trigger/alias etc for editing, I can't see the window anywhere. The Edit Settings window goes inactive, but the new window doesn't appear.

I have tried resetting the layout to no avail. I have tried pressing alt to get into the menu, to use move, but it just closes the window immediately.

Can anyone please think of some solutions?

pt.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:55 pm   

quote:

Hi,
I'm pretty sure when I first started using 6.16 that the editing window for a triger/alias etc. was attached to the bottom of the Edit Settings window. Well, it's not anymore, and what's worse is when I try to open a trigger/alias etc for editing, I can't see the window anywhere. The Edit Settings window goes inactive, but the new window doesn't appear.

I have tried resetting the layout to no avail. I have tried pressing alt to get into the menu, to use move, but it just closes the window immediately.

Can anyone please think of some solutions?

pt.

Delete the settings.dok file in the ZMud main directory.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
pt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:13 am   

oops :) should have spotted this earlier, my bad

Thanks for replying but.. I can't any file called settings? or .dok

Windows 2000, zMUD 6.16.......
rafa80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:36 am   

there should be one in the zmud folder. make sure you can see hidden files and system files. to do this, in win explorer go to tools->folder options->view. it might say something silly like are you sure you want to do this, you can mess stuff up.. bla bla.. click yes. now browse on over to zmud folder (or wherever your zmud is installed) and find settings.dok and just rename it to settings.dok.bak that way if it messes things up worse you can always restore it.

I had the same problem as you, and I did this (found out how to do it from this thread :P )and it fixed it for me. oh yeah, also you can try to just search for settings.dok, it might be easier then finding it on your own.
pt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:40 am   

Unfortunately I can already see hidden files. I've searched the zMUD directory up and down. I've used windows search on my whole hard drive, still can't find it. I've done searches for *.dok and setting* etc

I suppose it could already be deleted, but in that case what's causing my problem? :/
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:47 am   

quote:

Unfortunately I can already see hidden files. I've searched the zMUD directory up and down. I've used windows search on my whole hard drive, still can't find it. I've done searches for *.dok and setting* etc

I suppose it could already be deleted, but in that case what's causing my problem? :/

It's possible this file never got created. This should be easily fixed, though, by choosing the Layout|Reset Windows|Settings Editor menu option. At the very least, it will bring back all the windows you need to see.

At this point, if they are not docked and such as you like them to be, you need to drag and drop them into place. If you aren't getting any hotspots to dock in there should be something mentioning docking or Lock Layout in the Settings Editor menubar. Once everything is just right, save the layout to save the changes.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
pt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:58 am   

I just tried all that :/ Nothing brings the windows back. I'm beginning to think it would be easier to just reinstall. But then if I save all my settings to reuse them after the install... amn't I going to just have the same problem?

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: