Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MadBomber
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:08 am   

%find problems with the database

I'm almost certain that I am doing this right. I am using the SHOW command just to see if this works or not. Please let me know if im doing something wrong. I have tried all of the following commands expecting correct results, to no avail:
#SH %find(red,all,Item)

#SH %find("red","all","Item")
#SH %find("red","","Item")
#SH %find("red","",Item)
#SH %find(red,"","Item")
I know I have at least 3 records that contain the word 'red'. But with those commands, I either get nothing or a completely INCORRECT response and I have NO idea why it does that. Such as '1eq|5eq|6eq|7eq' none of which contain the word red. Any ideas?

Thanks,
MadBomber
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:03 am   

the help file for %find says that it would return 8eq|20eq if the 8th and 20th entries contained the word. so the 1st,5th,6th,& 7th entries must be the ones with the word red in them.

Tejing
MadBomber
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:20 am   

Well that is a nice little theory, but it really is displaying the wrong information. Not to mention sometimes (with other keywords - that I also am certain exist) it will display to me absolutely nothing. I've tried in both 6.16 and 6.36 Beta. Anyone, any ideas?

And tejing, do note the help file has been wrong before. Take a look at the function reference for '%find'. The helpfile shows the function reference ending with 2 close parenthisis' [ )) ] as opposed to the one [ ) ], needed. At least in 6.37 BETA it does. Not saying the basic function was written in the .hlp file wrong, just wondering if anyone has experienced my type of problem before.

Thanks,
MadBomber
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:23 pm   

You are right, there appears to be a bug with %find when using any other field other than the first one to look for a match. Try sending a bug report to Zugg.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: