Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
coolbriguy
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:36 am   

#CAP #GAG and #ECHO

Ok here is the idea. I have several characters I play on a MUD. I set it up with triggers so that any ORDERTALKS/GUILDTALKS would be echoed to the top window that is in focus. The echoing worked without a charm, I even included a way to determine which window was echoing the text

#ECHO |%window| (%w) ordertalks "(*)"

My second idea is because of spam it might be hard to read the guildtalks/tells/ and ordertalks of all my characters so I had it capture the text as well to a window labled channels.

#TRIGGER {|(%w)| (%w) ordertalks "(*)"} {#CAP Channels}

This works fine when I receive an echo from another window, but I had difficulty when I recieved and echo from the focus window itself, it created duplicate captures in the Channels window. I also thought it redundant to echo the channel if the channel that was receiving it was the one in focus so I tried to set up a trigger that would #GAG the specific window.

#GAG |Meridian| (would of course gag any line that had |Meridian| as the start, but i found it gagging both the echo and the actual string recieved, but captureing something altogether copmletely different, and I assume it wasn't capturing the righ text because it was gagged and trying to capture the wrong line. In other words here is an example:

RECIEVED From MUD
Lavette ordertalks 'Hello everyone'

#TRIGGER {(%w) ordertalks '(*)'} {#ECHO |%window| %1 ordertalks ~"%2~"}
ECHOED due to trigger as
|Meridian| Lavette ordertalks "Hello everyone"

so I basically saw two lines on the focus window because it was the one to receive it... in essence
Meridian Ordertalks 'Hi'
|Meridian| Meridian Ordertalks "Hi"

So I tried to gag out the second line with the |%window| but wanted it captured so...

#TRIGGER {|Meridian|} {#GAG}

but that gagged both l ines from the focus window and sent Meridian ordertalks 'Hi Everyone' to the Channels window which isn't a line that is to be captured. So I tried to ungag it by
#TRIGGER {ordertalks '(*)'} {#UNGAG}
but that had no effect.

Summary: if the focus window is the one receiving the string it echos the line to the focus window as well as the line recieved and captures the echo to the channels folder TWICE per occurance, and then if |person| is gaged for the specific window its capturing a completely different line alltogether. Any suggestions?
GAGGED |Meridian| Someone Ordertalks "Hiya everyone

CoolBriguy@excite.com
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:25 am   

1. Don't do echoes from the window you're in. I think this will do it:
#TR {(%w) ordertalks '(*)'} {#IF ({%window} <> {%curwin}) {#ECHO |%window| %1 ordertalks ~"%2~"}}

2. Do your captures directly from the originating window to the channels window, instead of triggering on the #ECHO in the top window.

LightBulb
coolbriguy
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:33 am   

I would prefer to capture the text to the capture window thing is I have all the captured text from 3 different channels, and 3 different chars (3 different organizations that are all guilds) being captured, and if i dont' echo it to set it apart...

Recieved & displayed on current window:
John guildtalks 'hi everyone'
Displayed in current window and captured
|CURRENT window| John Guildtalks 'hi everyone'

so in essence my caputre window does this
|Tirren| Lamne guildtalks "Hiya everyone"
|Servious| jordan guildtalks "sup yo
|%window| whoever guildtalks 'whatever'

that way i can tell who is reading what and can respond properly. make since? If i could just atomatically capure my formatted text and still have the normal text that the echo is based off of before being caputred echo, that would rock!

CoolBriguy@excite.com
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:10 pm   

2. Do your captures directly from the originating window to the channels window, instead of triggering on the #ECHO in the top window.

#TRIGGER {(%w) ordertalks '(*)'} {#IF ({%window} <> {%curwin}) {#ECHO {|%window| %1 ordertalks ~"%2~"}};:channels:#SAY {|%window| %1 ordertalks ~"%2~"}
}}

How hard is that?

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: