Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
assasssin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:23 am   

old v4.62

Hiyas...im looking for a old version...its a free version and i think it was (im quite sure) 4.62...i cant find it on any webpage...so if anyone know were to get it...just replay the URL to this topic :]

/me giggle
OHHHH...tought this was mIRC:)
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:44 am   

Pretty close:

Older, Unsupported Software
zMUD v3.62 (Sep-96, 524k, 467,341 downloads)
FREE, UNSUPPORTED
A very old version of zMUD that is FREE. Works under Windows 3.x. Does not contain the mapper or any other feature added in the last two years. This version is not supported.

Ton Diening
assasssin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:30 pm   

im sorry...i know it is 4.62 ...i asked my friend about it and he told me that it was 4.62....it has the mapping feature so it is not 3.62.

/me giggle
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:10 pm   

Well, lets see, we are in the zuggsoft.com page, makers of zMUD, and we are in the Zuggsoft Forums, were Zugg himself makes posts. No, Ton was not making a suggestion, nor speculating, he was stating a fact.

4.62 is not free, it is shareware. After the trial is over, you must either stop using it or pay up. The same has been true for every version after 3.62 and the only copies of zMUD stored in zuggsoft.com are the free version, the current version and the latest beta. Thus, 3.62 is the one and only free version of zMUD.

Kjata
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:19 pm   

Just go buy it. Not trying to be mean, but really, 6.x is so much BETTER then the previous versions, and it keeps getting better with every new release. I would really reccommend purchasing it, it is very well worth it.

Evangelist
www.phidar.com
assasssin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:25 am   

hmm...no i will not buy it...why...because im a on a 56k and can onl use my internet connection 1 hour/day...and i cant afford lots of $:s for something which i will maybe not use more then 20 times...3.62 for me :[

/me giggle
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:18 am   

ouch...depending on what service you get, there are broadband services that are roughly 42 a month and come with unlimited dialup, should look into it. Mudding was one reason I moved up into a broad band connection. Granted, I still live at home, not sure of your situation. 3.62 will do the basic stuff though, I used it before I decided to break down and buy the program, hehe, glad I did though.

Evangelist/Pernius
www.phidar.com/phidar.html
peewee
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:39 am   

You're in Sweden. Unless you live in the countryside, there are lots of alternatives...

ADSL 512kbps - Install at about 1000SEK, and then 250SEK a month (100US$ and 25US$, 10SEK = 1US$)
BBB Broadband 10Mbps - Install fee 750 SEK (75$), then about 300SEK (30US4) per month, unlimited traffic.

Then we have:
Satellite
Cable
Ultra-Broadband 100Mbps

If you live with yer parents... do point out the obvious advantage of not having to use the phone line with any of these solutions (except for the Satellite).

And 25$ on zMUD (well, I bought my license when it was at 20US$) was the best money I ever spent. That will be true until I spend money on my flight ticket to go to the States to marry my girlfriend. =)

"May the Force be with you"
[url]peeweesweden@bredband.net[/url]
assasssin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:21 pm   

Well...i live in a liiiiittle village which will not get broadband before 1january 2003...but after that i AM going to buy zmud :]

/me giggle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: