Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mahz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:50 am   

Crashing on Speedwalks :(

Hey all, Ive had this same problem for probably a year or 2 now. I've even went through OS, motherboard, processor, ram, video, sound changes, and a different hard drive. Unless it's my a-drive causing the problem, I just can't figure it out.

'Almost' everytime I run a speedwalk, whether it be 30 spaces or 200 (which I should be able to do way more than 200 even) My computer not only freezes but it reboots automatically. Other times it'll just disconnect my roadrunner automatically and leave everything else ok. Which sucks ? :)

Ok This ONLY happens in versions 6+. I can run zmud 5.55 all day long with nice huge speedwalks. I'm also running an Athlon 1.4ghz, dfi ak-75motherboard, 256mb kingston mem, voodoo3000, sblive and other hardware like scanner, camera and printer that are not hooked up.

I know the obvious solution would be to cut my speedwalks down into 20space sections. But when I've ran speedwalks for over 200+ many times in the past, I have a smooth running PC under WinME with no glitches that I know of, I MUD at Materiamagica which supports all the latest compression ect. Im just hoping someone might have a common problem and a solution!? :) Materiamagica is GIGANTIC compared to anything else and this little problem is taking a big cut out of my pleasure time lol. Ok im a little ripped and im rambling but I just hope someone can respond and I greatly greatly appreciate any advice !

My last resort will be going back to 5.55 which I really don't want to do. I just can't possibly see how Im having such a hard time speedwalking on a Cable Modem with excellent download/decent upload times and a smooth running machine. People I've even went as far as to reformatting with a clean install under win98, winME and winXP. None of them handle the situation any differently.

Thanks for anyones time in reading and responding.

Mahz
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:32 am   

Results to search crash speedwalk:

Darker suggests:
For those having problems, try using the Sendline Delay in zMUD's preferences instead of wait. Sendline Delay allows you to set a number of milliseconds that must pass between instructions sent to the mud by zMUD.

Give that a shot.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:08 pm   

Also, this problem has happened to people in the past because of driver problems. Try looking for the latest drivers for your network card.

Kjata
Mahz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:41 pm   

Awesome, thanks a million to both of you. The sendline delay will work for now, and seeing as how my net card drivers are extremely old I'm gonna try to find some newer ones immediately! Thanks so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: