Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kayal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:31 pm   

USing mapper can no longer access room properties

I'm on win98, using zMud 6.26a BETA and have no idea why this is suddenly happening. I'd mapped quite a large area with no problems at all clicking into properties to add mobs, comments, colors when suddenly for no obvious reason it stopped letting me. I'm posting here because I doubt its a BETA version problem and am hoping someone can kick me and tell me its something obvious and simple.

I did upgrade to the next BETA version when it first happened, hoping an uninstall nad install might clear the problem but no luck.

I click on properties and the map window flashes a little....but nothing opens or happens. Anyone have any idea at all what's going on?

Kayal

PS: Forgot to mention that just before it stopped working properly, it did kind of crash and freeze and kept coming up with a message something like "cannot write to canvas"
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:52 pm   

Perhaps your maps got corrupted. Try making a backup of your map files into a separate directory first. Then follow the steps detailed in the Migration Guide to see if that helps.

Kjata
Kayal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:46 pm   

Thanks for the thought Kjata. I just tried it now and no luck :-(

I thought I'd tried that by basically starting over from scratch without even trying to import old .map files, but even on a brand new one room map I can't get properties to open.

Kayal
Kaine
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:38 pm   

Ive had exactly the same problem happen to me. Did you find a solution?
Kaine
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:40 pm   

1 difference - Im using 6.16
Kayal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:57 pm   

No solution yet from me sorry. At the moment I'm just using the maps visually to see an overview of the world...still can't get into them to add or edit properties. Please post here if you solve it :-)
Kaine
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:20 pm   

Surprise, surprise, I managed to work it out. Nothing neat or clever unfortunately, I made back-ups of my settings and maps, uninstalled Zmud and then reinstalled it. Hey presto, room properties window has returned to me - hooray!
Kaine
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:28 pm   

Must have been some zMUD file that went FUBAR.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: