Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Upow

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:30 am   

Script help and I guess help finding out what's wrong with my client :p

I tried making a very basic script, for some reason whenever I made the aliases the client would delete them autonomously. This happened atleast 4 times. I sat and went through documentation and even asked ChatGPT for help with the syntax problems. And it was a nogo. I tried googling around to see if I could find a better solution. But, I couldn't find any. I don't know if the issue is client side, or if it's just cmud saving me from a poor alias :p Here's what I want to do

act1 <anything>, set a value on the variable action1 which I could later use in a macro, so act1 c shockwave, would change action1 to c shockwave and post an echo to show me what action1 was changed to.
tt <name> change target variable to name with an echo so I can see who the current target is so when I later bind a macro I can do, -> key1 @action1 @target
I got that basic stuff to work in 4 different attempts. but the client deleted all of them.
I also want an alias that's just "t" without an argument, that clears the @target variable and shows me that it's been cleared
I also want to add those aliases into a group, so when I type actionoff, it disables the group. again preferably with an echo so I can see wether it's on or off. I realize that's alot all at once. But, if I can get it working properly once without it deleting itself. I'd be able to do variations on those aliases for my basic script needs.
I don't know if any of ya'll know how to make that happen. After the client deleting my stuff so many times, I just about gave up on it :p please help <3
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 pm   

Ah yes, you need to run CMUD 'as an administrator' at least once to give it write permissions.
Just right-click on the icon and you should see the option.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:53 pm   

So the random deletion is because it doesn't have permission to write/save?
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 3:53 am   

Depending on where you installed it (default file path like "Program Files") no longer have write access from like Win 7-8 (maybe 10+)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 pm   

Correct, it never saved the changes you made cause it didnt have write permissions to write it from local memory to the HD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: