Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gyrra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 am   

Automapper multpile loading (I dont use mapper) RESOLVED

I am using 3.34 cmud and automapper seems to autoload every session, even when i have autoload on session unchecked, and I even have the map disabled. (in settings windows)
Every time i load cmud, 1-3 new automapper 'windows' are created. I don't see these unless I open the windows menu.
This is where I see my sessions, reference, status window,editor, script debugger,etc.
Automapper just keeps loading more 'windows' even though i don't see the actual windows.
My 'window' menu will have so many "automapper" listings that it takes about 25-30 seconds to scroll through them all. (I'm not about to count)
I do see a SERIOUS lag in shutdown and startup of cmud, and occasionally, if I dont exit each automapper manually, the command line will become so sluggish, that it takes about a minute to fill 90+ chars in a sentence that took 5 seconds to write.
I don't even use the automapper since I know my mud well enough to not need a map.
I would like to completely remove/disable it if there was a possibility of doing so, unless this is something that can be fixed.
I have tried deleting the map from the settings editor, i have deleted the .dbm file and nothing to avail.
I have completely replaced the default loaded packages with my own and this did not help either.
Any help / ideas at this point will help me maintain what sanity I have left.
Thanks

Last edited by gyrra on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 pm   

You have a corrupted layout. Close the session entirely, then hold down the shift and open the session in offline mode. Reposition the windows as you desire to have them, save, close, and reopen to see if that fixed the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:39 am   

Thanks for the idea Matt.
At first I thought that worked, I held the shift button, opened in offline mode and repositioned the windows as stated.
Saved session layout, closed session and then cmud, and reopened.
First load showed "Map for" in window menu.
Consecutive close/opens then began doing as before, execpt this time it is adding multiple lines of <char> map. <char> being my session/characters name.
Each consecutive opening added 1-3 more "<char> map" to my window menu.
I turned off auto save layout , lock layout , and just about every combination I could think of in terms of the layout options.
I even tried to do the same procedure on the 'default' session in the vain attempt to purge the mapper loading entirely.
Am I missing something? Is there any way to remove the mapper function via a script, or even an alias that i can run a few times for every session load?
I can't seem to find a command line option for killing the mapper execpt for the #menu/#cmd method, but that wont accept the entries for the maps under the window menu.
Getting frustrated more and more with this, and not being able to figure it out is really getting to me.
ANY ideas please offer up, I'm trying to think outside the box to beat this to a pulp.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 pm   

uninstall CMud, delete everything left behind in the program folder, and reinstall.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 am   

What a horrible sounding solution.
BUT after converting my scripts into xmls
( i didnt want to use package in case it was corrupted somehow)
And going through hours of putting settings back as i wanted,
I now have only one entry of "map for" and it does not multiply as before.
Sounds like a horrible way to have to fix cmud (actually manually checking preference was the most time consuming)
My client seems to be working again, as expected.
Thank you Matt,
I have tried a reinstall before, but simply dropped my package into the session.
Shame that it took this extreme to fix it, but i'm happy I finally have it resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: