Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daskalos
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 pm   

[3.32 & 3.34] Thread creation error?

After being up for about 5 minutes, cMUD yesterday started randomly giving me "Thread Creation Error: Not enough storage is available to process this command".

What confuses me is I have plenty of HD space & plenty of RAM available on this system (over a TB of HD space, 8GB of Ram).

It started in 3.32, so I upgraded to 3.34 and I cotninue to have the same problem. I haven't -added- anything to my pkg (triggers, aliases, anything) in about 3 months.

Any ideas?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm   

Sounds like you have a runaway trigger or script that is getting into some kind of infinite loop. Try running the Script Debugger to have it show you any scripts that are running. Windows has a limit on the number of threads that can be created that has nothing to do with RAM or hard disk space, so it sounds like it's running into that limit.

I also assume you have already tried just rebooting your computer. But the fact that it happens after 5 minutes or so makes me think it's a bad script in your session somewhere.
Daskalos
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm   

Ran the script debugger, no loops period.

I sent you several stack dump crash logs.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm   

Tell me what name you put when you submitted the crash dumps so I can search for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: