Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm   

[3.33a] Layout won't save

For some reason, I have to recreate my layout every time I start cMUD, it never saves it even when I tell it to and get a confirmation window, it always goes to some another config, which is always the same.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 pm   

1)use the SHIFT trick
2)run all your packages through the XML export/import process
3)recreate your sessions.db and sessionkeys.db files
4)if you have a map, use the MapConvert 1.3 repair option on it
5)uninstall CMud, delete all leftover files (making sure to backup the ones you wanted to keep), and reinstall from scratch
6)if you get this far, it's a bug and either we must live with it (ie, it's in the docking system component that Zugg doesn't have the source for) or figure it out so he can reproduce and fix it.

Steps 2-5 are probably not needed, but corruption and problems in those areas can affect layout so may as well hit them all and rule out all corruption issues at once.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:18 pm   

What is the shift trick?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:48 pm   

The shift trick is where you hold down the SHIFT key while clicking Open Offline to open your session. This prevents CMud from using your session layout, causing all your windows to be arranged in the default tabs-along-the-top format. You would then move your windows back the way you want and save the layout to overwrite your session layout file with the uncorrupted version.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm   

Also make sure that when you installed CMUD you selected the %DOCUMENTS% option for the location of your User Session Data Files. If you install your session files into the "Program Files" directory instead, then Windows (Vista and Win7) will not save your settings since newer versions of Windows are not allowed to write to files in the Program Files directory.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm   

Have you found out why CMUD sometimes won't auto-save (even when it's selected) and forces you to hit "save layout" instead? I'd rather not have to delete everything to get it working again, but if that's a suggested fix I'll try it.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm   

Chamenas: No, that has never happened for me. If Auto-Save is enabled, and the Use Layout option in the Edit Session Files tab is enabled, then CMUD calls the Save Layout routine when you exit.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm   

Edit Session Files tab?
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm   

In the window showing your sessions, select a session by clicking it once. On the left, click Edit Session. That opens a window to edit the session. One of the tabs in that window is Edit Session Files.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm   

There's "Package Files" but no "Edit Session Files", however, I'm aware of "Package Files" and all of my sessions have always had "Use Layout" checked off. There's likely a bug, but if it's not produced simply by creating a session and adding new floating windows to the layout then I'm not sure how to get it reproduced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: