Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tsenzouken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm   

Crash/hang bug?

I've recently started a new character, and imported the old settings. They all seem to work fine, except that when I try to delete settings specific to the other character, the client hangs. Deleting things singly works just fine. Is this a known bug?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:32 pm   

Can you give a little more detail? How did you import the old settings? How are you deleting the settings? What exactly do you mean when you say the client hangs?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 pm   

This is not a known bug, which probably means your import source was corrupted. This is usually the case, given that ZMud stored its settings as plain text.

To fix, you need to follow the steps for the import/export process.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 pm   

Sure. I copied the plaintext XML from the existing .pkg and pasted it into the new one. I made sure that the window tag information was preserved. Deleting by rclicking on them and going to delete, also by hitting the delete button. The client hangs, meaning it completely stops responding to everything and no longer updates--it just freezes solid and nothing short of forcequitting it will change anything.

I didn't actually use an import function, nor were the settings from zMud. There is other oddity, settings are MOSTLY in the right places, but occasionally will pop up in unexpected places. They still work normally, however.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm   

Are you certain that you cut and pasted the correct portion of XML? Your description definitely sounds like package corruption, which could happen if you paste an incomplete segment of XML.
tsenzouken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:26 pm   

I kept the xml < window > tag information... I checked and it seemed to be the only thing unique to the code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: