Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nostro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:51 pm   

Cmud issues

So i opened up my cmud today version 3.08, It has been a while since I have used it at all, and it was prompting me to upgrad to a new one, 3.17? i think so i did and now when i try to run cmud it says that it is expired and to download the new one from the web page.
So how do i go about fixing this or getting my old one working now?
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm   

Beta versions of cMUD expire. The latest version 3.22a is the only one not expired at the moment and can be downloaded here.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm   

I've noticed that some versions auto-update to the wrong release.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 am   

That's by intention, I think. It's something to ensure stuff gets updated correctly, I guess. For example, I waited to upgrade from 3.17 until 3.20 or 3.21 and the autoupdater first installed 3.19 before it would update to whichever was the current release at the time.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 pm   

The auto-update has a bit of a time delay.

When you run CMUD and then connect to a MUD, CMUD checks the zuggsoft.com web site for the latest version number, but CMUD just writes this information to a file.
The next time you run CMUD, CMUD checks this file and if the version doesn't match, it notifies you that a new version is available.

CMUD does this because I didn't want to interrupt your MUD playing in the middle of a session with a notice about a new version being available.
tijer
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:04 pm   

I've had numerous problems with the auto update not actually installing!
Sits there downloading the new files but never installs, just closes, and the next time i load cmud its the same version, always end up having to go to this site to download the actual update!
Derar
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:23 am   

If you're running Vista (and I think 7 as well?) the UAC prevents CMud from being able to actually run the update because of permissions and what not.

There's an old post about it somewhere I think. :P

Downloading from the site works, or if you check your downloads folder, you'll notice the file is probably there from CMud downloading it and you can just run it from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: