Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
markb
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 am   

3.22 Package Editor sporadically not displaying settings

I posted this on the general discussion board but should have posted it here.

Sometimes, when opening the PE or during use (usually when switching from say Trigger filter to Alias filter) the PE 'crashes' by which I mean that the left menu shows only the root folder, the classes, triggers, aliases etc. do not display. Have tried (I think) all the buttons and settings to try to resolve but unsuccessful.

The problem resolves itself after a non-specific period of time (1-10minutes and reopening the PE) or restarting the application.
markb
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:46 pm   

So I discovered a workaround:

- Close the Package Editor
- Switch to a different application (any application other than CMUD) - clicking on an application in the Windows taskbar is fine
- Switch back to CMUD
- Open the PE

Presto - the Editor works again. Still don't know what is triggering the PE to crash but it is normally apparent when trying to create a new task/alias/class etc., moving a trigger, or switching views between task/alias/class etc.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:16 pm   

Classic sign you have corruption. Export every package you use in the session, delete every last .pkg file that you exported, create new ones, and import the xml into those new files.

Also use the SHIFT trick to reset your layout.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:20 am   

This problem has been around for a long time. I am sure I've posted this during the 2.xx generation (before 2.37 became the stable release), though I can't locate them at the moment. I doubt it has to do with package corruption because the problem does go away for a while, it might even not occur over 2 or 3 releases, the it is back, then it goes away again. I never did the complicated workaround that was posted here. I just simply closed the editor, minimized CMUD and then maximized it, after that the editor would be back to normal. I haven't had the problem in quite a few releases now and I am somewhat gratified that someone else finally posted this problem since the response I got to my posts was (more or less) that I was imagining things.

EDIT: This problem was happening even before CMUD went SQLite. Also, this only happened to me when there were multiple packages open.
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:31 am   

Be aware that there's an issue with importing any setting with the disabled flag. So, if you follow Matt's suggestion, you might end up with some settings that won't work. The workaround would be to make sure everything is enabled before exporting. This was an issue that came up in 3.22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: