Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 pm   

3.19d no longer connects

I did the upgrade from another beta, which I can't seem to find to download anymore. Nevertheless, 3.19d immediately drops my connection to DragonRealms, anyone have any idea why this is happening? I checked my account through their web interface, it is fine.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 pm   

Can you use the Edit Session to go in and confirm that the Host name is set to the proper value for Dragonrealms. You should post the hostname and port so we can test it. And also the value in the Character name field in the Autologin tab of the session editor.

I just did a connection to Dragonrealms and I got the proper login prompt box, but I don't have any account there anymore so I can't test it any further than that.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:49 pm   

I thought it was eaccess.play.net|DR:7900 I didn't make any changes to it when I upgraded it just doesn't connect anymore. Still won't.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 pm   

I disabled auto character login, it takes me that far and once I get to select the character, boom dead connection. Then I turn around at test at the Java front end and I am in, something weird is going on.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 am   

Well, I do get the login prompt and it does tell me I have entered an invalid password when I insert random info. The issue is I can't setup an account to test with without giving them my billing info.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 am   

I think I might have found the issue. Try the update that I post later tonight and let me know if it gets fixed.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 am   

ok thanks
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 am   

3.19e does the same thing, I can connect, get into login, get a character select screen and then the old AOL disconnect chimes sound and nothing. The last version I used was 2.xx it was also a beta, it didn't have this issue.

I found a copy of 3.17, I uninstalled 3.19 and installed 3.17, same event.
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 am   

Try it out in a fresh session, with no triggers. Dunno what to suggest besides that, unfortunately.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 am   

GeneralStonewall wrote:
Try it out in a fresh session, with no triggers. Dunno what to suggest besides that, unfortunately.

Ok let's suppose it is something weird like that, if I wanted a fresh CMUD folder, after the uninstall there is still crap left in the folder. Aside from DragonRealms what would I need save from deletion, I use a custom directions, not EnglishDirections, so I should save that from packages, but what else?
GeneralStonewall
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:13 am   

I'd just make a brand new session at the session selection screen. No need to uninstall/install cmud again.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 pm   

After an exhaustive flipping of options GSL mode was STORM instead of PLAY, apparently. Working now, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: