Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
lucid772

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:12 pm   

path issues.

Hey everyone.

I am having a few issues, but mainly a pathing issue.

When I import a package with paths, or copy paste paths, I seem to not be able to use them. The issue is that any given path (lets use #path testpath .2e2n2e as an example) do not seem to expand. When I enter ".testpath", CMUD enters 2e2n2e in one single command to the mud, rather than expanding the speedwalk path. This also happens when I make new paths from scratch. I did uninstall and reinstall, which seemed to temp fix the issue. Anyone have any advice on this issue, as it only seems to be paths that are not working correctly.

Second, I am running about 7 windows (4 toons, 3 chatlogs). I have a full script bot system running on 2 of them, and when I run all these windows together I get memory errors from cmud.exe. I have temp sovled this issue by opening the main script window in a sperate instance of cmud, and thus running 2 copies at once.

Any help would be great!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm   

%pathexpand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:31 pm   

Shouldnt cmud expand the paths automatically when I use ".name" and "..name"? Or do I need to add a trigger to make this function correctly?
lucid772

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 pm   

Also, these are already set as paths in the system. These are not string lists. The error seems to be with cmud itself?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:54 pm   

You are right, i am getting the same issues myself, even in an empty session, looks to be a bug.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:04 pm   

I vaguely remember the path problem was fixed a long time ago in the beta versions. Off the top of my head, I don't have a workaround for you.

As for the memory problem, we'll need more details. Exactly what is the error? Does it happen consistently when some specific action is performed? Can you give us output from the debugger showing what is happening when the memory error comes up? As a side note, it is usually best to post different problems in separate posts.
lucid772

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:34 pm   

well, lets assume the beta does not have the same path issue. Any downside (minus the random bugs betas could have) to using the beta instead of 2.3x?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:19 pm   

lucid772 wrote:
Any downside (minus the random bugs betas could have) to using the beta instead of 2.3x?
Yes you have to beta test it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: