Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm   

Help:How can I make the auto mapper know when I have been pushed to another room

Hi, I am in DragonRealms. I am trying to come up with a way for the mapper to know that my character has been moved in a direction by the system instead of by me. For instance, there is this river with 2 rooms connected north and south, and I am trying to swim from the south one to the north one. Each time you move you generate a roundtime, randomly and in or out of the roundtime, you might get a message like this, "The current drags you east," which basically plops you back in the southern room. I already have a 1 way connection going east from the north room to the south room. Anyone have any ideas how I could solve this, both in example and globally? Thanks.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 pm   

Create a trigger that matches this message. If I recall, you also need to include the "through" form for non-standard exits. This trigger will then probably use #MOVE, but I don't recall if this only moves the location dot or if it moves the dot AND sends the direction to the game.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 pm   

#MOVE only moves the location, it does not send the command to the game. So that is the correct command to use.
Ambelghan
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:37 am   

Yes, that worked well, thank you both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: