Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
quaan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm   

Strange behaviour in speedwalking

First off, having the same issue as in post http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34684 but thats not too big an issue for me since I have what I need mapped mapped already.

My problem is this, I've just switched from zmud to cmud 3.14a, I use fast speedwalking since I can't make safe work properly. Now when I execute long speedwalks I always end up in the correct spot however looking at the movement in the mapper it takes a different course than I'm actually taking. Sometimes going around in half circles in the wrong direction before continuing to the destination and in the end ending up in the wrong room. For now its mostly just an annoyance since I can quickly use #tel dest to make the map end up where it was supposed to go (I use #walk dest for my speedwalks).

Thanks
Quaan
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm   

This should probably have been posted to the Beta Forum, since you are using the Beta version.

Can you tell us exactly how you are doing this speedwalking? Are you executing a path, or clicking on a room on the map, or running an alias, or what? Does the map have the same problem if you type in the exact same route step by step on the command line?
quaan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 pm   

hrm isn't this the beta forum?

But actually expanding the path made me realize what went wrong. In one room I had, instead of adding the door, added it to the exit name as so; south from the starting room translates to "open gate;out". The next step in the mapper is south and the mapper hasn't realized I've walked one room already wich ment the mapper got lost but the correct commands were still sent to the mud. So, my bad!
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm   

Ack, it is the beta forum! Embarassed Sorry. Thank you for posting in the correct forum! Glad you found the problem.

Actually, I think there is a known bug which is similar to that, where some commands in a speedwalk are sent to the mud already interpreted (using definitions in the starting room) instead of interpreting each step relative to the room you are in at that time. Hopefully this bug will be among the next to be attacked after Zugg finishes the current TESSH work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: