Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
knuffel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm   

How to exchange maps ?

Hi,

Must be easy and straightforward, but cannot find the import / export feature of maps.
Both me and my wife are playing the same game, and when we team, only one is mapping.
So how can we share the maps one create ?

We have two seperate licenses.

BR,
B.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm   

If you want to share entire mapfiles, just email the .dbm file to each other. You may want to keep track of who has the most up-to-date map, however.

If you mean sharing individual zones, well, you can't. At least not without a complex script to handle the transfer, and I don't know if anyone's made one since Charbal's old ZMud one.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am   

Hi Matt,

Coming back to this topic.
Me and my wife we play the same MUD.
We both have a new version odf CMUD installed as we will be moving to Windows 7 in the future.

I the past ( a few years back, we took a gaming sabbatical) when using ZMUD and ZMAPPER what we used to do was in and export the individuals zones, between different MDBs.
This made it possible to have two individuals MAP databases for our characters and still sharing a lot of zones that we explored together.

I still have a license for ZMAPPER laying around.

Would a simular approach be possible with CMUD and ZMAPPER ?

Best Regards,
Boris
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 pm   

Currently with the PUBLIC 2.37 yes, However the Beta version is breaking compatibility with Z Mapper, until CMapper is written.

Until that point Zugg JUST wrote a nifty lil conversion program that's in BETA testing, for a lil more information

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34262
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: