Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:58 pm   

[3.12] #SAYPROMPT weirdness

Hi,

I have a "tells" window, where I send all my tells to, but somehow in CMUD, when doing this:

Code:
:tells:#SAYPROMPT ("Someone <HM-Titan>: blah blah")

outputs only "Someone : blah blah" into the tells window, and not "Someone <HM-Titan>: blah blah"

Whats causing CMUD to remove the "tag" from the tells-window?

/kg
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm   

This looks like a bug to me. I was able to produce all sorts of issues with angle brackets in other windows using #sayp and #sayadd with the : syntax and also with #execwin. Adding ~ to them didn't help either. My favourite is if you use just an open < bracket, it won't show anything until you also send a close > bracket.

You'll probably have to wait for Zugg to fix it (he's on vacation until January, and after that it would be on his bug list), in the meantime try substituting [] for <>, or use #say or #print which don't seem to be affected.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:14 pm   

My guess is it's interpreting it as MXP. There could be a bug if adding ~ doesn't work. If you don't need any MXP tags in your tells window, you could try turning off MXP interpretation in that window. Highlight the tells window. Click Options|General|Session. Remove the checkmark next to "MXP/HTML".
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm   

Hi,

Doesnt seem to be a MXP issue, tho. Sadly.

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm   

It *is* an MXP issue. You need to click on your Tells window, then click the Prefs button. This will open the preferences for that specific window. Go to the MXP tab and turn on the "Show Unknown Tags" option and then it will work.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:34 pm   

Hi,

Oh nice, that worked - even tho I have MXP disabled... Isnt that a bit misleading or am I just a bit daft, hehe.

Edit: Ah, my bad. I had MXP/HTML disabled under Session, but it was enabled under MXP-tab.

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 pm   

Yep....the newer Beta versions have different MXP options for "local MXP" vs "MXP from the MUD server".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: