Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ognog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:42 pm   

[3.12] Mud output suddenly stops, or gauge buttons stop updating

I'm experiencing a couple of separate problems that may be related. I'm using the Acropolis scripts for Achaea which I've ported into CMUD.

1. All output to the MUD output window suddenly stops. I don't see what I type, and I don't see MUD responses. I know that there are MUD responses being processed by triggers however because the MUD prompt is still being evaluated and health gauges etc update each time I hit enter.

2. The gauge type buttons for health, mana etc suddenly stop updating. I know that the variables behind these gauges are still being updated because I can see them when I type #SH @health etc. The numbers appearing on the health bar update when I type certain commands only (perhaps commands like "def" that are sent directly rather than those generated by alias?). Even though the numbers on the gauge button update sometimes, the bargraph behind the numbers still doesn't update.

In both cases I have to exit out of CMUD completely and restart to fix.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 pm   

When your "MUD output window suddenly stops", does the text which is already on the screen scroll up, or does it sit there? If it scrolls up, the text is probably still being sent to the window, but you can't see it. One possibility is that the font accidentally gets changed to the same color as the background. If that's the case, we can try to figure out why that's happening. If the text is sitting still, I'm at a total loss, since I can't see how that could happen while the gauges are still updating.
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:37 pm   

I've been experiencing something similar for a while. I havent checked to see if I have any variables being updated tho, I will have to look into that. But my text will just completely stop and not move, however the commands i sent to the mud will showup on my screen, just nothing sent from the mud will. I can move around to different rooms etc but it doesnt show it. A quick reconnect seems to fix my issue, though i do have to reconnect sometimes several times an hour. I havent been able to narrow the problem down to anything, i have just about given up.

And I'm still using 3.10a.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:59 pm   

Almost sounds like you have a script with an infinite loop that is preventing CMUD from doing any further processing. It like something on your system is preventing CMUD from getting any sort of "update" message to refresh the screen. But it sounds like something specific to your script, so we'd need to see it to help more.

Jorville: Please update to v3.12. Beta versions will expire and one of the requirements of using a Beta version is that you stay up-to-date with releases. If you are not going to stay up-to-date, then you should stick with the Public version.
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm   

I was planning on upgrading this weekend. It's the first chance I will have to mud in over a month. Was just waiting til I had enough time to deal with any problems that might pop up when upgrading.
Ognog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 am   

I had a breakthrough with the first problem.

Problem was this bit of script that uses a trigger (not shown) to pick up multiple targets for the Achaea magi stormhammer ability :
ih
#GAGON
#WAITFOR {^Number of objects:} 1000
#GAGOFF

I wasn't getting "Number of objects" from the mud on some occasions and #GAGOFF never happened - Duh!

Changed to
ih
#GAGON
#WAITFOR {^Number of objects:} 1000 {#GAGOFF} {#GAGOFF}
#GAGOFF

As for the second problem I'm still not sure. I'll post if it happens again.

Thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm   

Yes, that would definitely do it. If the #WAITFOR command times out, it aborts the rest of the script in your first example, so it would never execute the #GAGOFF command. In your second example you have properly given the #GAGOFF as the timeout command, so that should work (although the extra #GAGOFF at the very end of the script is no longer needed).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: