Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:52 pm   

(3.11 Pro) #find will locate the room and highlight but not a marker

#find will find the room I'm in and highlight it BUT doesnt set the little blue marker...

Is there any manual command to set that marker? I set an alias LOOK to #find instead of look since it #LOOKS and helps find me. A lot of times I look, its the room I'm in with the mapper following properly. Now however, it removes the marker and wont follow until I find a room it DOES mark me in with #find... or it will find the correct named room when i'm lost but no marker
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:24 pm   

Use the #LOC command to make sure your current marker is set. It works fine for me on Aardwolf right now. So you'll need to explain more about your setup.

The #TELEPORT command will manually set the marker location.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:07 pm   

#loc says I'm at room 0. It wont mark the blue pin in the highlighted room...
#teleport doesn't mark the location either (unless I use a room number/name)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:09 pm   

The #TELEPORT command requires a room number/name. If #loc says room zero, then #FIND didn't actually find any room to move you to.

I guess I'll need more details on how to reproduce this since #FIND is working fine for me here. Or maybe someone else can help with this.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 pm   

I finally used the search function in mapper and seems some room names it has problems with were duplicated at some time in random places...
If any of the rooms have duplicate names, mostly it doesnt pick one to stick the marker in, just highlights the one i want which is the original -->(YET sometimes it will mark a duplicate name...sometimes. and it picks the lowest room number/first created).

Any idea around the UNmarking locations if multiple names are #find-ed? just keep the marker in the originating spot if multiples found? it acts like its unmarking, searching, marking. maybe more of a if find- unmark here then mark there...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: