Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Xarsas
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 pm   

Exact Trigger Pattern match/#SUB and MXP

Hi,

I want to sub my normal directions in rooms with a line of directions that are clickable, however when setting up a #sub trigger on for instance "north" it will trigger on northeast or northwest as well, and when combined with "west" and :east" i end up having "northeast" that exsists of two mxp patterns "north"+"east" for instance.
I have set up a trigger as follows :
Code:

<trigger priority="1040" regex="true" id="104">
  <pattern>You see exits leading (\w*).?\s*(\w*).?\s*(\w*).?\s*(\w*).?\s*(\w*).?\s*</pattern>
  <value><![CDATA[#sw (%1=north) {#SUB {<send 'North|swim North' 'North|Swim North'>North</send>}}
   (%1=northeast) {#SUB {<send 'Northeast|swim Northeast' 'Northeast|Swim Northeast'>Northeast</send>}}
   (%1=east) {#SUB {<send 'East|swim East' 'East|Swim East'>East</send>}}
   (%1=southeast) {#SUB {<send 'southeast|swim southeast' 'Southeast|Swim southeast'>southeast</send>}}
   (%1=south) {#SUB {<send 'South|swim South' 'South|Swim South'>South</send>}}
   (%1=southwest) {#SUB {<send 'southwest|swim southwest' 'Southwest|Swim southwest'>southwest</send>}}
   (%1=west) {#SUB {<send 'West|swim West' 'West|Swim West'>West</send>}}
   (%1=northwest) {#SUB {<send 'Northwest|swim Northwest' 'Northwest|Swim Northwest'>Northwest</send>}}
   (%1=in) {#SUB {<send 'In|swim In' 'In|Swim In'>In</send>}}
   (%1=out) {#SUB {<send 'Out|swim Out' 'Out|Swim Out'>Out</send>}}
   (%1=up) {#SUB {<send 'Up|swim Up' 'Up|Swim Up'>Up</send>}}
   (%1=down) {#SUB {<send 'Down|swim Down' 'Down|Swim Down'>Down</send>}}
#sw (%2=north) {#SUB {<send 'North|swim North' 'North|Swim North'>North</send>}}
   (%2=northeast) {#SUB {<send 'Northeast|swim Northeast' 'Northeast|Swim Northeast'>Northeast</send>}}
   (%2=east) {#SUB {<send 'East|swim East' 'East|Swim East'>East</send>}}
   (%2=southeast) {#SUB {<send 'southeast|swim southeast' 'Southeast|Swim southeast'>southeast</send>}}
   (%2=south) {#SUB {<send 'South|swim South' 'South|Swim South'>South</send>}}
   (%2=southwest) {#SUB {<send 'southwest|swim southwest' 'Southwest|Swim southwest'>southwest</send>}}
   (%2=west) {#SUB {<send 'West|swim West' 'West|Swim West'>West</send>}}
   (%2=northwest) {#SUB {<send 'Northwest|swim Northwest' 'Northwest|Swim Northwest'>Northwest</send>}}
   (%2=in) {#SUB {<send 'In|swim In' 'In|Swim In'>In</send>}}
   (%2=out) {#SUB {<send 'Out|swim Out' 'Out|Swim Out'>Out</send>}}
   (%2=up) {#SUB {<send 'Up|swim Up' 'Up|Swim Up'>Up</send>}}
   (%2=down) {#SUB {<send 'Down|swim Down' 'Down|Swim Down'>Down</send>}} etc.

but all that does is run through them all and then take the last direction and subs that and displays it correctly.

a sample of what the line from the mud looks is
Code:

You see exits leading north, southeast, southwest and northwest.

can someone help me straight here please? Smile
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm   

#sub will substitute the entire line, so it is natural that the last #sub will be the only one that actually shows. You need to do something much trickier.

The first idea that comes to my mind is to have a normal trigger (not regex) with a pattern "You see exits leading (*)." Then you do some replacements on %1 to convert it into a stringlist of directions. Next you do a loop over all elements of the stringlist, building up your substitution line by appending the appropriate string segments for each matching direction. Finally you do your #sub.

It would look something like this:
Code:

#local $directions $subline
$directions = %replace(%replace(%1,", ","|")," and ","|")
#forall $directions {
  #switch (%i)
    ("north") {$subline = %concat($subline," <send 'North|swim North' 'North|Swim North'>North</send>"}
    ("west") {$subline = %concat($subline," <send 'West|swim West' 'West|Swim West'>West</send>"}
    [etc...]
  }
}
#sub $subline

If your substitutions are really as simple as the example you gave, you might be able to get rid of the #switch and create each substring directly from the name of the direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: