Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
n0manarmy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 pm   

[3.10a] Stealing focus or shifting the window back to cmud

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with dual monitors. With the latest version of cmud I've realized that through out the day, every minute or so cmud will steal the focus back. As I'm typing this post right now, every 50-60 seconds, the cmud window pops back up from it's minimized position. This also happens when the window isn't the focus target. As I work on this post and am typing, suddenly cmud will become the focus and all text that I'm typing goes in to the command input. Has anyone else experienced this?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 pm   

This is sort of a known issue. It's a combination of some quirks in windows z-ordering, the use of the stay-on-top option and quirks in the way the third party components work.

To help alleviate this problem I would recommend you remove the 'Stay on top' option on your session windows.

If I recall correctly, Zugg has opted not to hack together a solution since similar hacks in zMUD led to the increased difficulty in maintenance and support on new operating systems. Of course if my memory fails me, I'm sure someone else will correct me.

I hope that helps.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:19 pm   

Tech is correct. It can also be related to some triggers that you might have running in your session, so try disabling your triggers to see if the problem still happens. If disabling triggers helps, then you can enable your triggers one by one to determine which one is causing the problem.
Liath
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:48 pm   

I think it is any trigger that deals with one of several things:

Automapper related stuff (it also has a bad habit of jacking the room I'm working on if its not the room I'm *in* every time a trigger fires and sends *any* command to the mud)
use of #Window seems to affect this as well (I notice the green tingy beside a tab in my channel capture window in aardwolf)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: