Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Liath
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:28 am   

[BUG?] Performance issue when closing down session.

I have a session with a bunch of windows (Aardwolf channels, tells, minimap, statmon window, affects timer window, zMapper).
The map does have quite a few areas/rooms (and its only getting bigger).

Dunno what the hang-up is, but it takes a fairly decent amount of time to open the session.
BUT...
The real issue though is closing down the session. Can take upwards of 2 minutes on an AMD 3200+ with 1G ram.

If it matters, I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all the latest greatest patches.
No automatic antivirus (I use Clamwin), firewall disabled, Hard-drives that cmud lives on are 2x40G in a striping array (though I'm not seeing much going on with the drives during the lag)

I have a hunch that it is the mapper, but I'm not sure. if it is, I know that the mapper is up for a rewrite so I'll just live with it.

Thing that kills me is that zMUD opens/closes in a few seconds.
So far I'm starting to like cMUD, but what gives here?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:21 pm   

That definitely sounds like an anomaly... when CMUD starts closing it persists all the data it hasn't already stored but it sounds like you have something really weird going on. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest maybe Zugg can think of something. Just before you shut down try doing

#VAR
#THREAD

This should spit out all the variable etc that are there and all the threads running. See if you have an amount greater that you expect. You can also try looking at your debugger to see if anything weird is happening there. Finally what size is your map file? I think it's loaded completely into memory when you start up and written out when you close out.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm   

The map is 44.6 MB (46,862,336 bytes). Not really too big from some of the maps I have had back in the day.

I'll see if maybe there is a loose script firing off somewhere that could be delaying cMUD from closing. I do use a few eval triggers, so that could be the issue.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it opens/closes 2-3 times as fast with the beta. Just bit the bullet and upgraded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: