Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gilrain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 am   

[2.37] Toggle button sends spurious command?

I have a button that casts a spell that stays active for a random amount of time. I want to be able to cast the spell with the button, and have a visual indicator (that it is visually pressed in) letting me know it is active. Then, a trigger catches the text the MUD sends when the spell fades and sets the button's variable back to 0. I don't want it to automatically recast; I just want to know the effect is gone, and that I should recast when convenient.

The problem is that, even though there is no script for the second state, the button sends the command for the first state again. Wha--!? I figured it was something wonky with the trigger/variable, so I disabled the trigger. No, even manually pressing the button produces this effect. I changed the script for the second state to a #NOOP command, just to make sure a state with no script is assumed to send the same command, or something.

Here is the button:

Code:
<button name="togpre" type="Toggle" variable="pre" toolbar="2" inset="true" transparent="false" priority="500" language="Lua" id="50">
  <caption>Pre</caption>
  <value>send('pre')</value>
  <state caption="Pre">zs.noop()</state>
</button>

I don't know why or how, but instead of nothing, when the button is pressed in the second state, it sends the command from the first state. WHA---!!?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm   

There's definitely a bug here. On the plus side it appears to be fixed (or a non-issue) in the latest BETA version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm   

Ah, that's a shame... I was hoping it was my fault. I'm not quite ready to risk upgrading to the beta. :)

Thanks for the response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: