Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chuft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 am   

Room scripting and delay for zmud mapper

Hi, I am trying to deal with rooms that add a short (approx 2 to 5 sec) delay before transferring you to the next room on aardwolf. I have scripts that will automatically "run" between any 2 points using the shortest path, but these delay rooms break the location on map even using #wait period,#te nextroom. I would like to attempt to fix this with room scripts, but for some reason my zmud will not execute room scripts(even of the form "say hi, etc) at all, and I have not been able to find any posts about a config option to enable room script parsing or much about room scripting at all.
This sort of map problem is becoming increasingly common with new areas on Aardwolf , and help would be appreciated with this, I also have no idea why code of the form "vis;s;buy 5;n;give 'mystical gems' coran;#te 6535;#wait 2000" as an "other" exit wouldn't introduce the required delay to my aliases.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.
Chuft.
Chuft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:26 pm   

Ok, figured out it was the "walk script" tag I needed, not the room script, the documentation and examples were quite unclear here.
I still can't make the mapper pause during the execution of a run at this point, however.
Currently the room script is set as
#slow
#pause
#TEMP {^Coran gives you some magical gems.} {#TELE 6535;#ok;fast}

however, the map still attempts to execute directions past this point before the mobprog has transferred me, even in normal double click to go to room style mode.
Also, the "other" exit field is set as vis;s;buy 5;n;give 'mystical gems' coran;#te 6535;#wait 2000, still as above.
really not sure what I am doing wrong and why none of these approaches work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: