Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
symposes
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:27 pm   

Is this doable?

I am wondering if there is something that works on the idea of

IF var string contains "BLAH" react.

i know thats vague, so here is the background.

In this particular mud, my hpbar, the bar that i see every 2 seconds in combat, shows what spells i am concentrating on using.

Ie shield, levitate, etc.

it looks like this

Main: Sh Le

It displays it in the order I turn them on, and I dont always use them all, IE I dont always need to levitate.

the line in question shows me other information, and i have a trigger to capture all this, and have ended up dumping the maintain into a single variable.

So my variable will look like Sh Le as long as both powers are on, the other trick is that if i turn on levitate before shield, the variable is Le Sh...

Now, When i turn on/off powers, I get messages, so i could very easily trigger off of those, But id like to know if i can make the trigger that captures the maintain variable for certain things

Like an %ismember, but im not entirely sure how to convert this to a list, or if that could do what I want. Any ideas would be appreicated. and thank you in advance.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:57 pm   

The easiest to convert a string variable to a string list is to use the %replace command.

Something like
Code:
#VAR newVar %replace(@OldVar," ","|")

Basically this code will take your old variable and replace all spaces with the stringlist delimiter '|' and place into a new variable. Since it's properly delimited you can now use all the list function like %ismember on it.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:35 pm   

You could also use the %pos function.

Code:
#if (%pos("Le",@main)) {levitation = 1}
#if (%pos("Sh",@main)) {shield = 1}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: