Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JadeD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 am   

[3.08] Mapper does not work with Discworld MUD

1. It doesn't autodetect discworld mud descriptions even when I use the autoconfigure it, I have fiddled with the settings too trying every setting of paragraphs but nothing seems to work :(1

Quote:
The land is lit up by the eerie light of the full moon.
This is the Ephebian desert. Somehow things are just as uninteresting by night, if not as yellow. Ten miles to the south sits an oasis.

It is a chilly backspindlewinter's night with almost no wind and many puffy clouds.
There are four obvious exits: journey north, journey east, journey south and journey west.
A dull scorpion is crouching here.
++++@++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
++++@++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
++++@++++

2. Keyboard creation mode also seems to be bugged, it just acts the same as when keyboard creation is off

3. Also when a sub-window is selected other than the main window (at least I think this is the cause, not 100% sure or how to find out) it will put in weird directions like k l etc instead of n e s w etc for some reason

4. also when the mapper is turned off with the red cross icon, it acts the same as when it is turned on, your room location still moves instead of being frozen like I remember it used to in older versions of cmud/zmud
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:20 pm   

Have you tried a trigger like the one beneath?
<trigger priority="40" id="4">
<pattern>There are four obvious exits:</pattern>
<value>#tag exit</value>
</trigger>
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:37 pm   

Some MUDs are harder to map than others. You'll definitely want to "hide" those "++++@++++" lines from the mapper to prevent it from being confused. Use a trigger like:

#TRIGGER {^~+} {#NOMAP}

if each line always starts with a + character like you showed. You want to use #NOMAP to eliminate as much "spam" from the mapper as possible so that it can detect the rooms. The fact that the rooms do not have a clear room name will also make it harder to map.

Instead of posting to this BETA forum (which is for reporting bugs in the beta version), you should probably be posting to the main CMUD forum. The autoconfigure wizard is the same in the 2.37 Public version and you might find help from other DiscWorld players there.

I wouldn't recommend using the BETA version unless you are already familiar with CMUD and how the mapper works. The #NOMAP command, along with other helpful map configuration information is in the help file and linked from the Help menu in the mapper window.
JadeD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 pm   

what about the last 3 things? those are definitely bugs aren't they? dunno if you missed them cos of the colours? under the quote :s

thank you for the nomap tip I will read about that!

oh and I am quite familar with zmud used it for years, and switched to cmud just not had to do this before, it seemed to work with zmud :S its been a while since I played too, I think probably before I just gave up cos didn't know about this place
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:53 pm   

The reason I mentioned the beta vs the public version is that the 3.x beta mapper works *very* differently than the mapper in the 2.37 public version or the mapper in zMUD. While the configuration stuff is currently the same, the new mapper uses new "location" objects to track multiple locations on your map. And because it is a beta version, there are still many bugs.

(2) is a known bug. You might want to try undocking the mapper window to see if it works then (and click on the map to be sure it has keyboard focus).

(3) I cannot reproduce this. Check to make sure the English Directions package is properly loaded in your session window. There is a bug relating to this when using the #TELEPORT command and speedwalking. But I haven't seen this happen when just selecting a different window.

(4) Turning off the mapper window no longer stops the tracking of location objects. One of the next versions will allow location objects to be enabled/disabled which will stop them from moving on the map, and the "Off" button will be used to toggle this status. But right now in the new mapper, there really isn't any concept of turning the map "off" since the map can now track multiple locations coming from multiple windows.
JadeD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 am   

When you make give an exit a name in the room properties window and then click another room to edit that, it doesn't save the change and loses the special exit and the blob on the exit line doesn't appear either - you need to click manually save each time
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm   

Yes, you have to manually click on Save each time. This is true of several editing functions in room properties. It tells you at the bottom of the window that you need to click Save.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:24 pm   

That's actually a bug and has been added to the bug list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: