Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Impy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 pm   

Going from CMUD back to ZMUD error.

First off i'm running CMUD2.37 on Vista Home Premium SP1.
I've been running ZMUD7.21 on Vista for quite a while after I got the administration permissions fixed.
I decided to try CMUD and it runs well but I didn't want to fork over the cash right now so I tried to run ZMUD and it gives me this: 'Error:Access violation at 0x7752D14A(tried to write to 0x00040F0), program terminated'

I haven't tried uninstall CMUD as i'm afraid it still won't work and then i'll be out of a client all together.

Any ideas on why CMUD caused ZMUD to give this error?

Thanks in advance.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 pm   

Couple of things...

If you uninstall CMUD you should be fine, just be sure to back up you packages directory in case you want to reinstall it.

That said, I'd be surprised if unistalling CMUD makes a difference. The two programs run independently and can be installed (and even ran) at the same time on the same machine. At exactly what point during the startup process of zMUD did you get crash error. Were you running it under the administrator account? what about CMUD? What directories are CMUD and zMUD installed into?
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 pm   

CMUD and zMUD are completely independent, except that they use the same copy protection system. Installing/Uninstalling CMUD does not have any effect on zMUD. The error you are getting is the standard error that many people get when they try to run zMUD on Vista, which is why zMUD isn't supported on Vista. CMUD should still work fine though. But you are on your own with zMUD.
Impy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:47 pm   

I feel rather silly now, I went back and checked the administrator area and found the privilege box was not checked. I must have some how unchecked it when installing CMUD. Both are working great now.

Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: