Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Reginald

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:53 am   

Room Follow in 2.37

I have two installations of cmud, on two different computers, and carry the core files on a thumb drive. One computer uses XP, and the other uses Vista. When I travel from one MUD room to the next in the XP system, cmud tracks which room I am in, and will not move on the map unless it sees the room name(if I get too tired to move in the game, it doesn't move on the map). In vista, it moves on the map as soon as I enter a direction. Does anyone know the reason for this difference? Also, the codes I use for flee tracking are based on room name, and they work in XP, but not vista. If anyone has an idea on what causes this/how to fix it, that would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to look and see if this problem has already been seen/answered, but can't find it.

Thanks
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 am   

Presumably your map walk mode is different. You should see three icons of a running man in the toolbar - one has speed lines and one is holding a shield. Those modes dictate how aggressive CMUD is in keeping your position on the map updated vs waiting for a response from the MUD before moving you. The former behaviour is Slow mode; the latter behaviour is Fast and I think also Safe mode. I can't remember which menu these options are under in 2.37 - I think it's "Actions" but don't quote me on that.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Reginald

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:22 am   

Sweet! This fixed the walking troubles. Thank you very much! Sorry that sounded kinda newby, but I appreciate your responding. The flee tracking did not fix with this, though. The package seems to be very simple, and just uses @flee and @fleeconnect. Is there something I need to turn on to make it work?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:35 am   

Show us the code, there's not much we can do without it :P

Reginald

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 am   

Sorry,

Here it is. On fleeing, it's supposed to look at the room you're currently in, then look at the surrounding room names to decide which one you fled into. The trigger tests fine in the editor, but still doesn't start the sequence when it happens in the game. I know the coding is good, as the package works on my XP computer. I was hoping there might be a toggle or command I needed to run to get it to work on my Vista one.

<module name="FleeScript v2" global="true">
<uid>{deleted this -think it is my actual User ID}</uid>
<class name="FleeScript" id="1">
<var name="Flee" type="StringList" id="2"/>
<trigger name="FleeTrig" priority="4600" newline="false" linecolor="0" id="3">
<pattern>^You flee head over heels.$</pattern>
<value>Flee=""
Fleeconnect=""</value>
</trigger>
<var name="Fleeconnect" type="Record" id="4"/>
</class>
</module>
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:20 pm   

UID is a unique identifier for each module or window - you'll see it's different for all of them. Nothing to worry about :)

You only have one trigger there, and all it does is reset some variables back to nothing. It doesn't seem to be interacting with the room name in any way.

There might well be an easy fix, but until we know what the problem is, we can't tell you what it might be ;)

Reginald

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:50 pm   

It also says error opening pcre76.dll library- invalid access to memory location when I start Cmud. I don't know if it's related, but is that a possibility?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 pm   

From another post on that issue - "This usually happens on Vista when the DLL gets locked into memory and not unloaded properly by Windows. The only way I have found to fix this problem is by rebooting Windows. The same error happens on occasion with the sqlite28.dll file. It's something about these DLL files that sometimes can't be relocated properly into memory when Windows loads CMUD."

Reginald

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:30 am   

Awesome. I'll reboot, and keep trying to figure out what the problem is. Thank you for helping me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: