Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 am   

Commands are sending as mud command rather that client commands

I cant seem to be able to use client side aliases. They are all sending directly to mud as is.

1. Parser is on. I have turned off/on/tested/restarted cmud/tested/etc etc
2. Class/Aliases are enabled.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mandy
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:55 am   

btw, I have tried re-installing as well with no luck.
Aidan88
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:22 pm   

Hi mandy. Can you give us a little more information? First of all check it's compiling by going to the "compiled code" tab above "params" (where you put the input text") in the Package Editor. Then if it gives you loads of numbers etc it's probably compiled. If it has maybe paste the XML from the XML tab next to the "compiled code" tab and we'll have a crack at working it out.
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:25 pm   

Its all aliases. I just picked one I'm trying to work with. I even made a DUMMY alias "tx" "tell someone" and it sent "tx" to the mud as a mud command and not the client side alias.

<var name="startsummer" id="1806">#T- walkerprompt
#T- Walkers
#T+ Walkers
#WALK 1
#VARIABLE currentpath @summersetpath
#VARIABLE currentstep 1
</var>
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:34 pm   

mandy wrote:
Its all aliases. I just picked one I'm trying to work with. I even made a DUMMY alias "tx" "tell someone" and it sent "tx" to the mud as a mud command and not the client side alias.

<var name="startsummer" id="1806">#T- walkerprompt
</var>

Are you sure you've copied your example correctly?
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:04 pm   

Not sure how I could "copy" incorrectly using crtl+c and crtl+v but yeah I'm pretty positive I copied correctly. Like I said though its all aliases sending as mud commands and not sending client side. Ive made sure all classes used have been enabled, all classes in general have been enabled too as a check. Parser is on. Made a simplified alias just cause I knew it was suppose to work and no syntax issues could be involved, have uninstalled/reinstalled CMud/CMudPro/CMudBeta as solution checkers. (BTW, I'm on CMud just tried the others as possible fixes and have removed) I've had a friend over who is fairly comfortable with CMud look through all settings and preferences to no avail. I've been fighting this for 5 days now and haven't a clue.

Mandy
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:41 pm   

I asked about that because in your example it is not an alias but variable (<var name=...). How you'd create it? From the menu New->Alias or some other way?
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 pm   

Hmm, new-->alias

I still had problems with other aliases (that were aliases) but again, deleted all the sessions and starting fresh. Seems I'm making it a step further with that but not to the finish line. I'm re-adding everything manually as opposed to importing and it seems a little further. Thanks for pointing out the variable thing Ive been staring at it for so hard I wouldn't have noticed that. It is suppose to be an alias. But I believe that there is still something somewhere causing my aliases to be sent to mud as mud command but it will take time to go one by one and re do everything 100% manually.
Aidan88
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:11 pm   

Shouldn't it be?

<alias name="startsummer" id="1234">
<value>#T- walkerprompt
#T- Walkers
#T+ Walkers
#WALK 1
#VARIABLE currentpath @summersetpath
#VARIABLE currentstep 1
</value>
</alias>

Where are the <value> tags?

Maybe if you add these to your imported aliases you won't have to re-create them
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:15 pm   

No <value> tags because he has the variable. :)
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm   

Im not sure Im following the previous 2 posts.
Aidan88
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:26 pm   

Ah well you have to make sure they've actually been imported as aliases like Arde said. Sorry
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 pm   

mandy
In the XML tab edit your "startsummer" (change opening closing tags from "var" to "alias" and add pair of "value" tags) like Aidan88 write. Save. Try your alias by typing "startsummer". If that helps, convert all other variables which used to be aliases into aliases.

Dunno why all this happened
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:58 pm   

<alias name="sgo" id="40">
<value>ssw@stepnum
#add stepnum 1</value>
</alias>

Why does that send as a mud command?
I have numbered aliases:
ssw1
ssw2
ssw3
etc etc

I want CMud to count and perform each alias in order as I choose. This is the exact same syntax that I used in ZMud, and while I know there are some syntax issues between the two there is no compatibility error and I've tried several things. Typing "sgo" does try to make me do ssw2... as I want it to, but it is looking for that to be a mud command and not a client alias. (and its right this time, as in truly and alias as oppose to a variable, double checked that mistake)
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:02 pm   

Oh another thing I forgot and just checked...

Manually typing ssw1,ssw2,etc etc into the command line does find the client alias. The sgo alias correctly keeps up and identifies which alias Im wanting to use, just sends to the mud.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 pm   

Change ssw@stepnum to:

#EXEC %concat("ssw",@stepnum)

I can't explain the reason behind it, but the way you have it now won't work (duh!).

Charneus
mandy
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm   

WOO!!! I could kiss you right now and whatever else you wanted! It worked!! Now to figure out why the other aliases are sending to the mud. Its a good thing that I dont have a mirror attached to my laptop - I'd be watching my hair turn gray and fall out.

Curious: What is the abbreviation "concat" mean? I can assume (without being an ass I'd hope) that EXEC would mean execute?!

Mandy
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:47 pm   

%concat is concatenation, or, put simply, 'join all the parts together to form a string of some sort.'

'concatenate' is in the dictionary, too. :)

I'll take a kiss! Twisted Evil

And yes, #EXEC means execute. So the command I showed you means to 'execute the string ssw + @stepnum'

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: