Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm   

[3.06] Mapper not displaying any map

I've read a couple threads on this topic, but to date, no solution.

I was using the public version of CMUD until recently, when I needed to have 3 sessions going at all times. I was experiencing CMUD freezing on a routine basis, which because quite a risk to playing. I upgraded to the 3.06 beta, and it solved the freeze issue. I then tried using the Mapper for the first time.. I opened the mapper, I did the autoconfig, and it seems to be logging room names and whatnot, but nothing at all is actually being displayed on the map.

According to #LOC, it seems to be tracking my movement, but again, no dice on an actual visual map. This seems to defeat the purpose of the module all together, and I wonder if there is something I am doing wrong.

I've tried this on both XP Pro and Vista with CMUD 3.06, neither work.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:24 pm   

Make sure the visual map window is set up to track your location. In the lower-left of the map window is a drop-down menu where you can select which location to track in the map window.

Or, use the #TRACK command on the command line to set the location you want to track. For example, if #LOC shows that your location name is "MyLocation", then you can use "#TRACK MyLocation" to track that location on the visual map.

If you still have trouble, you'll need to post more exact instructions showing exactly what steps you are using and what isn't working.
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm   

Well, #track I take it is the same as selecting the correct object from that dropdown in the lower left, so yes, it is set correctly and #track works the same.

Still, my problem is that no visual map is displayed/created. The area where the visual map would be, is a blank slate. If I move from room to room, and use #loc to check where I am, it shows different room #s as I go, but nowhere does it show a visual map of the mud. I can center the map, zoom in or out, and still I can't see anything but a blank area where the map should be.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:55 pm   

Try selecting the correct Zone from the zone drop-down list at the top of the mapper window. When converting maps from old versions of CMUD it sometimes doesn't remember which zone needs to be displayed first.
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:36 pm   

I'm starting a new map from scratch. This is a mud I've recently started playing, and don't have any map of, so there is no conversion, just the default "untitled" zone. And that untitled zone is selected.

wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 pm   

I have had this problem before, try #teleporting to current room, or #move to move out and back into the room
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:53 pm   

When you configure the mapper it should create the initial room. You need an initial room to start with for the mapper to start mapping. Select the Config/Reconfig option in the mapper menu to configure the mapper and it should create the first room on the map when it's done. If it doesn't, then the mapper isn't actually getting configured properly.
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 pm   

Ok, well, in everything I read, I guess it never said you need a starting room. The config never did create a starting room, although it seemed to work. Anyways, I manually created a starting room and it seems to be working now. Forgive my ignorance, if you can call it that.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 pm   

Hmm, if the config didn't create a starting room, then that might be a bug. Can anyone else reproduce that?
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:21 am   

im experiencing this too, but since i cant get it back to working right, i cant try to reproduce it, i did uninstall and reinstall the beta version but it still wont create a room when i do the configure, so it must be in some saved settings i have i assume? ive tried creating new maps and configuring, configuring and reconfiguring old maps, with no luck, if i manually create a room i can get it to start mapping but it creates a whole new set of problems, like not maping an exit when i say for example go east, but when i go back west it creates a west room showing me actually 1 room west of where i am, these problems can probly be fixed through various options but im new to it and still working on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: