Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 pm   

[3.06] Out of memory error

I just got a strange out of memory error when running an alias. And then an "failed OS" error (or something similar, forgot the exact wording). Is there anything wrong with my code?

Thanks!

This is the alias

Code:

#T+ autowalk
dirlist = ""
#send dir %1 100  ---- Runs 1st trigger
#send dir stop
#waitfor {The direction} 5000
$walk_temp = %numitems(@DirList)
#delnitem DirList $walk_temp
#send look   ---------- Runs 2nd trigger

This is the two triggers

Code:

$things=%replace(%1,", ","|");#var DirList $things

Code:

#if %numitems(@DirList) {#send %pop(@DirList)} {#t- autowalk}
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:48 pm   

I don't see anything wrong, but some of your code could be cleaned up.

Does this happen every time you use this alias?
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am   

Not every time, sometimes I would use it and it would not work, so i would use it again. That seemed to be one of the big issues. I could also seem to make it error if i did it twice in a row.

i removed the #sends

Code:

#T+ autowalk
dirlist = ""
#send dir %1 100  ---- Runs 1st trigger
#send dir stop
#waitfor {The direction} 5000
$walk_temp = %numitems(@DirList)
#delnitem DirList $walk_temp
#send look   ---------- Runs 2nd trigger

Now I'm not having any issues with crashes or slow downs, but something else interesting has happend. I no longer have a prompt and i no longer have any blank lines. This was after spamming the aliases 5-6 times. I don't have any issues when I use it just once.

This is the debugger.

1.0878 | a Dragonre |Alibaba tosses five of his wolf spiders into the air and starts to juggle them. He gets a good crossover pattern going, and keeps the spiders flying smoothly, with a good rhythm. He wraps it up with a flourish.
0.3235 | a Dragonre |Dridell just left.
8.2445 | a Dragonre |Simms tosses four of his silk ladybugs into the air and starts to juggle them, getting a good crossover pattern going for a while. He almost slips at the end, but manages to catch them all without quite dropping any.
4.4241 | a Dragonre |Alibaba stops listening to his class.
3.7753 | a Dragonre |Alibaba begins to listen to Polarious teach the Shield Usage skill.

And what it used to look like.

Dridell tosses three of his steel twigs into the air and starts juggling them. He is able to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time, even managing to catch them all at the end, with a bit of panicked grabbing.
>
Pamplona appears to be concentrating intently on something.
>
Dridell tosses a couple of his steel twigs into the air in an attempt to juggle them. He manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time. Dridell finally catches them as they come down and stops, managing a smooth, graceful end.
>
Polarious puts his sword in his war belt.
>
Dridell tosses a couple of his steel twigs into the air in an attempt to juggle them. He manages to get them going, and keeps them flying for a short time. Dridell finally catches them as they come down and stops, managing a smooth, graceful end.

I just restarted and got an invalid pointer operation. Definitely something weird going on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: