Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 pm   

Editor in 2.37?

The background is no longer black and the colors all seem to be stripped from my html file. Is this a bug or a new feature of the Editor? I personally liked having the black background since it best simulated the MUD environment for logging. Now that the black background is gone it looks funky and I'm not sure how to make sure it will save with a black background. In additional, none of the text seems to be retaining its color coding, and remains gray which is hard to see against the new background (and by colors I mean the ones logged by html logging sent from the MUD).

Can someone tell me if this was intentional? IF so, is there a way I can still work with my methods?
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 pm   

Obviously this isn't intentional. The editor colors should be saved to your *.PKG file for your session. Some other colors, like the styles for the syntax highlighting, are stored in the STYLES.INI file. But I'm not having any problem saving any changes to the editor colors here.

Also, in the Editor, if you are loading an HTML file, then a lot of the colors might be getting taken from the HTML file itself. Remember that the editor is not intended as a full HTML viewer/editor.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm   

It may be related to the issue talked about in the previous thread then.

Edit:
Deleting styles.ini returned the colors, but the background is still gray.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:15 pm   

I too am having this problem Sad
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am   

I was having the same problem.

I had to install Zmud in order to use its Editor. Zmud's Editor is the greatest in keeping the original colours (plus the Black background). Evrything you could wish in reviewing your logs.

They don't make things like they used to! Wink
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:43 pm   

The Editor in CMUD still works fine for normal ANSI text. You set the background color in the Styles page of the Preferences. I have a black background in my Editor window here and it works just fine. The issue with the original poster was that he was loading an HTML file into the editor, which can change the editor colors depending upon the HTML codes in the file.

So just be sure you are not loading an HTML log file into the Editor. zMUD didn't even support HTML log files at all, so I don't see where you can call the Editor in zMUD better than CMUD. If you just have a plain ANSI color log, the editor in CMUD will work just the same as the editor in zMUD. Just turn off the HTML Logging feature for now. Many of the HTML logging issues are being addressed in the 3.x CMUD version.
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:01 pm   

Granted, it is about ANSI text.
And granted, the colour background may be set as you indicated. Thank you for that.

But as regards the ANSI logged colours, I will present the difference between the mud session window and the editor.

First, I present the logging settings:

The colours as they appear in the mud session window (on-line playing):

And the colours as they appear in the Editor (loading the ANSI log for off-line viewing):

For convenience I will post the ANSI text:

Code:
> 
> > colour all
     yellow----,   blue  ,---magenta
     green----, \   |   / ,-cyan
     red-----, \ \  |  / / ,-white
     default  \ \ \ | / / /  black
            V V V V V V V V V
underline---# # # # # # # # # 
bold--------# # # # # # # # # 
default-----# # # # # # # # # 
red---------# # # # # # # # # 
green-------# # # # # # # # # 
yellow------# # # # # # # # # 
blue--------# # # # # # # # # 
magenta-----# # # # # # # # # 
cyan--------# # # # # # # # # 
white-------# # # # # # # # # 
black-------# # # # # # # # # 
boldred-----# # # # # # # # # 
boldgreen---# # # # # # # # # 
boldyellow--# # # # # # # # # 
boldblue----# # # # # # # # # 
boldmagenta-# # # # # # # # # 
boldcyan----# # # # # # # # # 
boldwhite---# # # # # # # # # 
boldblack---# # # # # # # # # 

As can be seen, the bright yellow text "colour all" does not get logged correctly (i.e. the colour code logged is "" while it should have been "").
And there are many other inconsistencies with other colour types in the colours table (ex.: underline, bold, boldyellow, boldmagenta, boldblack).

Now, is it possible for the Editor (together with the logging system) to display the ANSI colours as they are originally seen on the mud playing session window?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:50 pm   

Hmm, that definitely looks like a bug. Somehow the ANSI settings from your MUD window (like the one that tells the main window to Highlight the color instead of making the font bold) aren't getting transferred to the editor window. I'll add this to the bug list. Thanks for the detailed report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: