Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ulrik Mikkelsen
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:38 pm   

Zmap to Web page?

Hello!

Is there anyway to make the Zmud map you made into a webpage. So you could click the rooms and be taken to the subzones etc. ?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 pm   

There's no quick and easy, one-click method, because nobody's written it yet that I know of. But you could certainly write a script to parse the data in the map file and then make some kind of html file from it. You'll need to use ADO/MDAC to access the file, but beyond that I don't know anything specific about how you'd go about this. You'd have to do some investigating.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Ulrik Mikkelsen
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 pm   

Thanks for the answer, I'll just sit back and wait for someone else to do that as such things are simply beyond my understanding. ;)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 pm   

Using zMapper you can export a map layer to a graphic file (like a GIF file). That is how people typically put their map onto a web page. But to make it interactive would require you to manually convert this to an image-map and then link various hotspots to other web pages. You'd need some web tools to do that. I have no plans to add anything like that to zMapper itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: